Favourite Pink Floyd album?
Apr 11, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #80 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wish You Were Here

Frigging awesome. Anybody got some good acid?

During another era of my life, 7 of us went to the PF show from SD to Anaheim on a friday night(1977). As the show starts, a stranger comes and sits down on my end. I do my duty and include them in the festivities. After 20 min or so, they ask if I partake in some pane. They didn't have enough to share with all but I was ready for a good time so.....

This show was touring Animals, Wish You Were Here and some DS & Meddle for encore. 3+ hr show. This was the first tour with surround sound (six sets of speakers around the top of the stadium. The animals were aglow with fire and were floating over the stage. During the show, they were pulling them down at the crowd. Seeing a 50 ft pig with flaming eyes coming down at you from about 300 ft. above was a treat. The finally burned the animals up behind the stage (over the empty lot). I have seen PF 4 times and this was the first and will always be my best show by them. The Wall, Delicate Sounds and Pulse were the others.

I do not condone taking drugs to anyone. This was a time in my life that had no responsibilities and little common sense. But man, what a show. The only show to compare was The Who "Quadrophenia" tour and the odd Led Zepplin show. John Bonham gets hit in the head with a beer bottle in the middle of a song and tears off after the punk that threw it behind the stage. Group just keeps on playing.They catch the guy, John gets his head bandaged up and keeps up with the show. This was the Song Remains the Same tour. Another magical show. Watching that bass violin bow sparkle thru the green laser as Jimmy Page does his solos in the show was another wow.

Sorry to take your time. Thought I'd share a moment.

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #81 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by meme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No love for Relics? -- yes i know it's not a proper album, but it's still fun.

I absolutly love Relics and it has a very special place in my heart. I used to listen to it all the time in high school. I rank that as one of my all time favorites.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #83 of 106
animals
wish you were here
saucerful of secrets
dark side of the moon

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #84 of 106
interesting... is there some sort of "flavor of the month" going on here with the division bell? a few years ago it was on nearly nobody's list, the "classic phase" ruled absolute (dsotm, wywh, maybe animals and meddle). the division bell was seen as a rather poor album by many (not as many as momentary lapse of reason and the final cut, but close.) obviously something has changed.

their early psychedelic phase has won a lot of admirers as well. nice to see that something as stable as head-fi's DSOTM love isn't as constant as it has seemed... bring on a new poll, somebody.

btw, i still want gilmour AND waters:
1. dark side of the moon, closely followed by
2. wish you were here
then comes porcupine tree... (don't flame me! PT has as much of a fanbase here than PF has - they would flame right back
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #86 of 106
Must complain 'cause nobody has mentioned my favorite: More
Did you see the film ? And the music, wonderful, maybe the more pink-floydish one ever.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #88 of 106
Meddle is my favorite, it has never let me down, but others are close. On the other end is The Final Cut, which is by far the worst to me; I try to force myself to like, but I just can't

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #89 of 106
i would go with :

The Wall ( it's not the favourite for many , maybe it's because this album means a lot to me , the first album of pink floyd i've ever heard ).
DSOTM
Animals
Wish You Were Here
The Final Cut ( Not now John , roger and gilmour sounds so good together )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back