In addition to my earlier post.

Morricone westerns:
- Fist full of $$
- For a few $$ more
- Once upon a time in the west

And last but not least:
- The good the bad and the ugly

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #65 of 108
The song Light of Life from Kingdom of Heaven is very exotic.

The other song that is heard in the movie when the King passes away is good too but it's not in the album. It's from the movie Hannibal.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #66 of 108
Blade Runner (Esper Edition) by Vangelis
Conan the Barbarian by Basil Poledouris

Both get equal playtime, and are by far my favorites.

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #67 of 108
Interesting that this thread should appear now as I am listening to WHRO Connoisseur Classics stream this Saturday. Just finished playing is Patrick's Doyle's OST for Branagh's Henry V. Now playing is Hirschfelder's score for Elizabeth. I just found this station, but it appears they often play film music on Saturday. The Henry V score would be among my favorites, along with Blade Runner. Alexander Nevsky would be my favorite if only the original were in better sound!

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #69 of 108
The soundtrack of 'Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain' by Yann Tiersen is really good
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #72 of 108
The Soundtrack for Rushmore deserves a mention here. Mark Mothersbaugh created an excellent score around classic songs from The Faces, Cat Stevens, and The Who to name a few. Plus the movie is top-notch!

Also, I always loved Tangerine Dream's OST for a movie called The Sorcerer. I never saw the flick, but the cover of the LP had an intense photo of a truck hanging off a rope bridge in some tropical setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back