favourite "original sound track" album
Aug 23, 2008 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 108

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Post your favourite OSTs. Anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 108
I think there are about 29 zillion of these threads, but....

The Third Man
The Graduate
The Mission
In the Mood for Love/2046
various Herrmann/Hitchcocks, Jerry Goldsmiths, etc.

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 108
Jurassic Park, Star Wars Ep. IV-A New Hope, LoTR-The Fellowship of the Ring, Children Of Dune, Firefly, Serenity, Paprika, The Incredibles would probably rank as some of my all-time favorites.

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radagast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All three Lord of The Rings OST, but if i had to choose one, then The Fellowship would be my choice. The Braveheart OST is good as well

You have to get the dvd audio complete soundtracks from the LOTR if you don't already have them. Lots of good stuff is left out of the cd's.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 108
But my favorite is Star Wars Episodes I-VI. Any of them.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 108
LOTR:FOTR, the full length, 3-hour score is superb.
Also Star Wars VI. The others are nice too, especially the Fifth, but none can beat the Sixth, with the choir on Battle of Endor II.
No one mentioned the Matrix scores. I like them all, but most of all the third one: Neodämmerung with the choir: ahhh, eargasmic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Some "hybrid" albums (both original and non-original music) are fine too: Mulholland Dr (2001) has a good mixture of different styles of music with the original score. And Blue Velvet's (1986) soundtrack likewise. Very good stuff, really.

edit: there was a time I didn't listen to anything else than OSTs. There were Howard Shore and Don Davis, along with John Williams and Angelo Badalamenti (the most atmospheric of these imo). I kind of miss these days I could listen to a jazzy soundtrack of Twin Peaks: Fire walk With Me five times in a row without any ill effects. Now, there's so much more to listen to.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 108
Trainspotting!!
many many awesome tracks including born slippy - Underworld
Lust for life - Iggy Pop

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #13 of 108
Let there be no doubt: The Long Riders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back