Favorite Word
Jun 10, 2003 at 3:14 AM Post #121 of 165
Dont worry ... Be Happy
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #123 of 165
I guess it has to be "equinox" if I have to pick a word in english... That word is so nice to pronounce, and it makes me think of Head-fi too... thats an additional bonus!

Jul 1, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #125 of 165
lenticular, or lenticularis

Main Entry: len·tic·u·lar
Pronunciation: len-'ti-ky&-l&r
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin lenticularis lentil-shaped, from lenticula lentil
Date: 15th century
1 : having the shape of a double-convex lens
2 : of or relating to a lens
3 : provided with or utilizing lenticules <a lenticular screen>

These clouds are mistaken for UFOs at times and associated with high winds over mountains, severe turbulence, and are really quite beautiful.

http://www.wolkenatlas.de/wolken/wo11241.htm

run the link through babel fish, German to English
http://world.altavista.com/

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #128 of 165
the, the, yes, the, say it, there are two ways: "thee" and "thuh" keep saying it and you realize it makes no sense, and I have no idea why it's my favorite word.
-THE Mag

Jul 1, 2003 at 8:44 AM Post #130 of 165
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
god, that isn't even a word! I'm with scrypt, how dare you disturb my bung trundling.

What non-word are you referring to Stuart?
Do you still have e-mail notification on? If so, I will finish this post in another post.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have decided that I now like the word "Sire". You can even use it to address me now.

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:05 AM Post #131 of 165
I am pretty sure I was referring to the Don't Worry...Be Happy post, as it is not even close to being a word. Furthermore, any phrases remotely conjuring up an image of Bobby McFerren should be categorically banned from the public domain...only a select group of non-conventional weapons analysts should be allowed to delve into the depths of his evil...and then only such that we can defend ourselves as a nation if they are ever again used against us.

Now leave me to my sisyphusian dung-beetle-like bung trundling.
May it please you, sire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back