Favorite Word
Feb 16, 2004 at 2:08 PM Post #154 of 165
Quote:

Paashaasschaamhaarverzamelaar = easter-bunny pubic hair collector

What the hell does that even mean?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #155 of 165
Quote:

Originally posted by JeffL
flabergasted!

It is flabbergasting that your favorite word is fla[size=medium]b[/size] ergasted!
rolleyes.gif

Feb 18, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #157 of 165
Bafoon.
3000smile.gif

Feb 18, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #160 of 165
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
It is flabbergasting that your favorite word is fla[size=medium]b[/size] ergasted!
rolleyes.gif

OMG!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

ITS A TYPO!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

WOH!

GET SOME IODINE! Some pills! Uggh!!

LOL
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #161 of 165
I hope it has been said already but if it has CRUNK IT!

CRUNK, yeah, you heard that right and if you got a problem with it CRUNK YOU and the horse you rode in on!
biggrin.gif

(does anyone know the source of this word? Kudos if you do.)

Feb 18, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #162 of 165
Donaudampfschifahrtsgesellschaftkapitaenhinterblie benenlebensversicherungsgesellschaftskrise

This is the crisis affecting the life insurance company that takes care of the widows and orphans of the captains of the Danube steamship company (or so I'm told, the first part, Donaudampfschifahrtsgesellschaftkapitaen, is the name of the Danube steamship company while the rest, which I'm not certain about, is just an exercise in making the word even longer).

Feb 18, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #163 of 165
My dad use to say the ugliest word in the english language was "clutch".

My girlfriend often corrects me when I say "cluster****" she says the proper word is "Kurfuffle."

My favorite word of all is "influence."

I say this because of a philosophical pickle you can get into when dealing with others: you shouldn't take away their free will, but you often need to make someone do something. In this case your only choice is to influence them:

Pronunciation: 'in-"flü-&n(t)s, esp Southern in-'
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Medieval Latin influentia, from Latin influent-, influens, present participle of influere to flow in, from in- + fluere to flow -- more at FLUID
1 a : an ethereal fluid held to flow from the stars and to affect the actions of humans b : an emanation of occult power held to derive from stars
2 : an emanation of spiritual or moral force
3 a : the act or power of producing an effect without apparent exertion of force or direct exercise of command b : corrupt interference with authority for personal gain
4 : the power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways : SWAY
5 : one that exerts influence

It's VERY hard to do well. It lives between violence and indifference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back