Favorite Soundtracks
Feb 21, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #61 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, add these to my short list, too. Completely forgot about them. "Space Lion" is in the running for my favorite song ever, and my first and most frequent eargasm.

To be fair, I don't know if FLCL even counts as an OST since it's nothing but the Pillows. Got me into Jrock though.

Dude! I think space lion is in the running for one of the best jazz fusion tracks of all time!

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #62 of 133
Can't believe no one has brought this up yet
51ZZDE86FWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #63 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO decent, not noteworthy. I prefer AudioMachine, Future World Music, X-Ray Dog, Immediate Music studios.

YouTube - Guardians At The Gate - audiomachine: Platinum Series III:Eterna (New "Avatar" Trailer)
YouTube - Aqua Vitae - Future World Music
YouTube - Duel of the Fates - X-ray dog - Dethroned
YouTube - Immediate Music - Grand Inquisition

Not bad. I dunno, I guess I just have trouble getting into short bits of music, I prefer my 20+ minute song/concept albums
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I have a lot of anime soundtracks but not for Grave of the Fireflies or Jin-Roh. I'll have to check those out sometime.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you heard OST 4- for Ghost in the Shell? It's a pretty cool mix of different pieces into one continuous track.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Damn near impossible to track down though (something about it being sold only in some set and not separately), didn't even know it existed for a good while until I stumbled on it at RYM.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #66 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's pretty good. Damn near impossible to track down though (something about it being sold only in some set and not separately), didn't even know it existed for a good while until I stumbled on it at RYM.

It was included as a bonus with the CD boxset. Kinda silly they wouldn't sell it separately since most people who would want it would already have the rest of the soundtracks.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #68 of 133
Can I possibly mention one of the greatest of all-time...SUPERFLY by CURTIS MAYFIELD. The sweet-voiced legend.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #70 of 133
Requiem For a Dream (I think someone mentioned this already)
Evita (Don't cry for me Argentina...? *thumbs up*)
The Red Violin (I'm not a huge fan of Madame Bell but he done good for that movie...)

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #72 of 133
Can't believe I forgot about "O' Brother Where Art Thou"; I listen to it all the time, lol!

Another good one along those lines is the Music from the HBO series "Deadwood". I bought it for the theme song, but the whole CD is really good.

Forgot about Paris, Texas too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So many great soundtracks:

Tous les matins du monde - Jordi Savall
Juno
Songcatcher
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Once
The Commitments
Paris, Texas
Before the Rain
Last Temptation of Christ
Passengers
Until the End of the World
Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man
Big Bad Love

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #73 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Top Gun, nuff said
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice
atsmile.gif

Other than that, my top are:

Edward Scissorhands
Band of Brothers
Terminator(s)

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #74 of 133
I've been listening to the soundtrack from "Fantastic Mr. Fox" a lot lately. It has an odd combination of orchestral tracks from the movie, classic rock, and folk music. For some reason, the combination appeals to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back