Ghost in the Shell:SA, all OST's
Furi Curi, all OST's
Dead Presidents
Hair
Lord of the Rings
Into the Wild
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 133
^^ Anime soundtracks need to get more appreciation.

I particularly like:

Ghost in the Shell OST 2/3/Solid State Society (just an excellent mix of different styles)
Cowboy Bebop OST 1 (very accessible modern jazz with elements of blues, fusion)
Grave of the Fireflies OST (dark brooding classical sections intertwined with a child-like sense of wonder)
Jin Roh OST (mix of minimalism and sweeping orchestral work)

Also for traditional movies:

The Fountain OST (great collaborative work between Clint Mansell, Kronos Quartet and Mogwai)
The Road OST (recent, but haunting and evocative)

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #20 of 133
Moon - Clint Mansell
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #22 of 133
Wow, Im surprised that nobody mentioned Matrix. Really liked that album when it came out.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #24 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Harder They Come

An absolute classic. Aside from being a great soundtrack, it's a terrific intro to classic reggae. It's where I heard my first non-Marley material, and I've given it as a gift to several people who were interested in hearing reggae from the 70s other than Marley.

While we're at it, I think the Rockers OST is an equally good snapshot of the state of reggae, again, other than Marley, from a few years later. Taken together The Harder They Come and Rockers offer a solid intro to the genre (pre-dancehall and ragga, of course.)

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #30 of 133
Quentin Tarantino films have very good soundtracks. The compilations based on his films are a very enjoyable listen.

Le Destin Fabuleux d'Amelie Poulain, great soundtrack and still on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back