Favorite Soundtracks
Feb 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #48 of 133
Planet Of The Apes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This is the greatest soundtrack I may have ever heard.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #51 of 133
another vote for lux aeterna by Clint Mansell.

Amazing example of how a movie's suspense and emphasis could be synchronized with the beautiful piece of music.

It's a bit overplayed everywhere else though.

Feb 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #52 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone listen to trailer music?

I've tried listening to Two Steps From Hell a couple of times, but every time I do it reminds me of some crappy blockbuster.

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #53 of 133
51t2qQTTm7L._SS500_.jpg

Not exactly a soundtrack since a number of the pieces were not used in the movie but all were composed at the invitation of the director, Tim Robbins. Absolutely stunning CD that I still enjoy after more than ten years.

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #54 of 133
Clockwork Orange
Repo Man

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #55 of 133
So many excellent ones have been mentioned but not one particularly atmospheric composer, Angelo Badalamenti.

Mulholland Drive,
Lost Highway, (the parts that are original)
Twin Peaks and the movie FWWM,
Blue Velvet ...just amazing stuff.

The 10-hour collection of LOTR soundtracks by Howard Shore is a masterpiece; Don Davis with his Matrix trilogy score has also a place in my heart.

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #56 of 133
Natural Born Killers, my fav by a large margin because it intro'd me to both Leonard Cohen and Cowboy Junkies. Sorcerer by Tangerine dream, and Blade Runner by Vangelis are both excelent.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #57 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried listening to Two Steps From Hell a couple of times, but every time I do it reminds me of some crappy blockbuster.

IMO decent, not noteworthy. I prefer AudioMachine, Future World Music, X-Ray Dog, Immediate Music studios.

YouTube - Guardians At The Gate - audiomachine: Platinum Series III:Eterna (New "Avatar" Trailer)
YouTube - Aqua Vitae - Future World Music
YouTube - Duel of the Fates - X-ray dog - Dethroned
YouTube - Immediate Music - Grand Inquisition

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #58 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Anime soundtracks need to get more appreciation.

I particularly like:

Ghost in the Shell OST 2/3/Solid State Society (just an excellent mix of different styles)
Cowboy Bebop OST 1 (very accessible modern jazz with elements of blues, fusion)
Grave of the Fireflies OST (dark brooding classical sections intertwined with a child-like sense of wonder)
Jin Roh OST (mix of minimalism and sweeping orchestral work)

Hmm, I have a lot of anime soundtracks but not for Grave of the Fireflies or Jin-Roh. I'll have to check those out sometime.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you heard OST 4- for Ghost in the Shell? It's a pretty cool mix of different pieces into one continuous track.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #59 of 133
The Soundtrack to the Adventures of Pete & Pete by Polaris == Great album, It makes me sad to think that other musicians can sell albums when Polaris is doing better work on the soundtrack to a 90's Nickelodeon show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back