Favorite Live Albums?
Jan 28, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #107 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richdel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Allman Brothers Band - Live at the Fillmore East
Gov't Mule - With A Little Help From Our Friends (4 CD set)
Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
Any of the Allman Brothers Instant Live's shows!
biggrin.gif

Clapton Unplugged

I have to quote Richdel because besides it being a good solid list of live performances that I enjoy (esp. Allman Bros), as soon as I saw this thread title, the 1st without any hesitation thought that came to mind is Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus. I was blown away by it when I was 1st turned onto it in 1979 on a friend's hi-fi system. It was not only my favorite live album, but my favorite of any type of album for many years afterward. I was a little disappointed with its CD Remastering....seemed to lose some of that high energy live feeling it had on vinyl & also some tracks were cut. Still a great CD though!

Friday Night in San Francisco with John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola and Paco De Lucia is another one that pops into the head quickly.

Jan 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #108 of 144
The Arrogant Sons of B***hes-This is What You Get
NoFX- I Heard They Suck Live
Johnny Cash-Live at San Quentin
The World/Inferno Friendship Society-Hallowmas Live at North Six

And I was surprised this live album hasn't been mentioned yet...

Iggy Pop and The Stooges-Metallic KO

Also almost all of the best comedy albums are live but that doesn't really count.

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #111 of 144
Some great albums already mentioned.

One more: "Mirrorball - The Complete Concert" (2-CD version) - Sarah McLachlan

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #113 of 144
Another set of votes for: Ben Folds Live, The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East, The Who Live at Leeds, Dead Live, Zappa Live in New York & Talking Heads Stop Making Sense.

Also:

Ani DiFranco, So Much Shouting, So Much Laughter
Roy Harper, Live at the Royal Festival Hall June 10, 2001
Keith Jarrett, The Koln Concert
Keith Jarrett, Paris Concert
Richard Thompson, Celtschmerz
Richard Thompson, Semi-Detached Mock Tudor
Frank Zappa, Make a Jazz Noise Here
John Zorn, 50th Birthday Celebration Vol. 7 (Masada)

May 28, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #116 of 144
I just purchased Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall, again. I bought it years ago as a 2 LP set, not too long after it first came out, that was 1959, 49 years ago. What a great live recording. Even today this digitally remastered copy sounds fantastic and the performance it beyond exciting, it's just perfect. This is music history beautifully recorded and performed. Everyone should consider having in their collection, it's just that damn good.

May 28, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #117 of 144
The Who - Live at Leeds is the only live album I'll actually listen to other than a couple Phish bootlegs and the John Butler trio you can't get on studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back