Favorite computer/laptop brands?
Jun 29, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #46 of 51
IBM/Lenovo for me as well. What I found interesting was that after buying my fully loaded X61s (12.1" Thinkpad) and maxing the RAM on it, I had absolutely no purchase-regret/worries, as I normally would with other expensive buys. I've never worried about the cost at all, because I absolutely love it.

I'm quite sure that I wouldn't be happy with another brand, even the better ones (Apple & the compact Sony's). I can't live without the trackpoint ("nipple" mouse in the middle of the keyboard) and actually find touchpads quite annoying to use in contrast (some may find this odd, but you have to use a trackpoint for a while to understand..)

Apple makes good laptops, too, but none of them currently suit me. I prefer light, small, good battery (6h+) laptops. I had high hopes for the Macbook Air, until it was properly revealed as a POS
wink.gif

The keyboards on ThinkPad's are amazing, too! Some have mentioned this already, I think. Even my little 12" has a full sized keyboard that I can get 90-100+ WPM on without much stress. I type a lot, so it's a significant aspect for me.

Jun 29, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #48 of 51
After five years of sticking with HP (which gave me enough headaches to last me for a while), I made the switch to Apple for college. I got myself a 15" Macbook Pro; I couldn't be happier. I love all the small, quirky features of Leopard/Mac OS X, like Spaces and Expose.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IBM/Lenovo for me as well. What I found interesting was that after buying my fully loaded X61s (12.1" Thinkpad) and maxing the RAM on it, I had absolutely no purchase-regret/worries, as I normally would with other expensive buys. I've never worried about the cost at all, because I absolutely love it.

I'm quite sure that I wouldn't be happy with another brand, even the better ones (Apple & the compact Sony's). I can't live without the trackpoint ("nipple" mouse in the middle of the keyboard) and actually find touchpads quite annoying to use in contrast (some may find this odd, but you have to use a trackpoint for a while to understand..)

Apple makes good laptops, too, but none of them currently suit me. I prefer light, small, good battery (6h+) laptops. I had high hopes for the Macbook Air, until it was properly revealed as a POS
wink.gif

The keyboards on ThinkPad's are amazing, too! Some have mentioned this already, I think. Even my little 12" has a full sized keyboard that I can get 90-100+ WPM on without much stress. I type a lot, so it's a significant aspect for me.

Absolutely, the Trackpoint has really become irreplaceable for me as a cursor tool. Even with my X60 Tablet, I still often prefer to use the Trackpoint 'nipple', instead of use a stylus. It's so convenient and accurate, and you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard to use it. My X60 is pretty well built and the keyboard rocks, and with a 8 cell battery, I get about 7 hours easily.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #50 of 51
Yeah, i loved the trackpoint on my dads work Lenovo.

I love the way you can click and move the mouse without taking your hands off the keyboard.

Oneday i will have the money for a modern top-spec Lenovo. I could have got an old low spec Lenovo, but instead i got a killer deal on my top-spec Toshiba Satellite A100-49.

When i dont swap between houses, my PC and a small 12" portable Lenovo would compliment eachother, currently the 15.4 is better to have when i am pc-less for an evening up to two weeks.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back