fatigue: how long can you listen for?
Oct 11, 2004 at 10:13 AM Post #76 of 80
I just did a 8 hour run at Starbucks using my CM7 out of my E720 MD player. When working on your masters thesis, you gotta focus, and the CM7 lets me concentrate on writing than whats going around me.

Oct 12, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #77 of 80
Can you still hear the regular home phone?
My brother says that he lost his hearing for a few days after listening extensively to headphones. How loud is too loud? Thanks.

Oct 12, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #78 of 80
I have never had a problem with listening fatigue... I tend to listen to music on my portable setup twice a day for aproximately 2 hours each session. When I listen on my home setup it is usually in the evening and I can only really get in 2 hours or so. I have had longer listening sessions, but this is rare. I find that when I get headaches this is compounded by headphone use... but that is not really indicative of a fatiguing problem with my system... its more of a common sense thing. If you have a headache, dont listen to loud music.
biggrin.gif

When reading through this thread and some of the posts about the volume level that you listen at I got thinking about The Princess Bride and the torture scene in the pit of dispair.

NOT TO FIFTY!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH...

Personally, I tend to listen at around 9 o'clock or so on my PIMETA when driving my AKG headphones. If I remember correctly the gain is set to 10. I could probably listen at a louder volume without hurting myself, but I think it would be less pleasurable. For some music I turn it down to a lower volume as well.
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #79 of 80
I've done hours of listening with my Lambdas / 404's, and then fell asleep with the cans still on my head and the music still playing. For me its excessive volumes which bring listener fatigue, so if I listen at modest levels I can do so almost indefinitely.

Oct 12, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #80 of 80
I listen to a 9 o'clock position out of a Nakamichi receiver.
Please tell me on thing, when you talk on your regular home phone, can you hear the other party on the phone clearly?
Please try both ears and tell me if you hear the same or if you can hear differently with the right and left ear.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back