FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Mar 19, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #617 of 633
My budget if I were to pull the trigger would be zero lol. Would need to sell all my stuff. Not sure it’s worth it? IE600, Aful P8, Studio4..
Q5K is good enough I would say, although the MSE and GM scales alot with better sources. So Q5K is sufficient but you do have room for improvement.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #618 of 633
Q5K is good enough I would say, although the MSE and GM scales alot with better sources. So Q5K is sufficient but you do have room for improvement.

Agreed here, it can do it - especially on balanced, but you'll be maxing the Q5k out.

The Go Blu can drive it better in my opinion.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #620 of 633
OH man, after 3+ months of waiting the Maestro SE finally showed up. Looking forward to spending some time with these after having the Scarletts for a month now! Going to be running them off the Mojo2 and Ferrum stack when in the office.

They really should put something on their site though stating it's going to take months to receive.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #621 of 633
I am looking to buy a DAP. Somehow I have settled on Shanling and I want to choose between M3 Ultra and M6 Ultra.
Has anyone tried these? Does the more expensive one make a noticeable difference in sound quality?
Thanks

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #622 of 633
I am looking to buy a DAP. Somehow I have settled on Shanling and I want to choose between M3 Ultra and M6 Ultra.
Has anyone tried these? Does the more expensive one make a noticeable difference in sound quality?
Thanks
For FF, get the M9+. These guys like a lot of power.

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #623 of 633
What DAP's are everyone running with the FatFreq IEM's? The sony I have is good, but clearly doesn't have enough power to run them. Which ones have people used that seem to power them well enough? Looking to possibly upgrade.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #624 of 633
What DAP's are everyone running with the FatFreq IEM's? The sony I have is good, but clearly doesn't have enough power to run them. Which ones have people used that seem to power them well enough? Looking to possibly upgrade.
Shanling M9 plus, powers the FatFreqs very well, even full size headphones.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #625 of 633
Shanling M9 plus, powers the FatFreqs very well, even full size headphones.
Oh nice, like the one you just wrote above. Completely missed that, sorry! I'll look into that one!

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #626 of 633
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphone-amp-impedance-questions-find-the-answers-here.607282/

Use the equations in this thread to solve for power required. You want roughly 240 mW per channel minimum to have enough headroom for DSP and gain differentials. I'm using the aux mode on my LG V60 which supplies 240 mW and it is entirely sufficient.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #627 of 633
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #628 of 633
Any suggestions on smallest tips for Maestro SE? It is on the bigger side for my ears, struggling to get the deep fit. I mean I do it but it is painful most of the time using S size spinfit cp100, Symbio S, etc. or it slowly gets out as I walk.. Also some of them are left inside ear when I pull out which is even more trouble :)

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #629 of 633
Any suggestions on smallest tips for Maestro SE? It is on the bigger side for my ears, struggling to get the deep fit. I mean I do it but it is painful most of the time using S size spinfit cp100, Symbio S, etc. or it slowly gets out as I walk.. Also some of them are left inside ear when I pull out which is even more trouble :)
Try Eletech Baroque or Divinus Velvets

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #630 of 633
Try Eletech Baroque or Divinus Velvets
I have Velvets, smallest are bearly doing the job but I need to wear them a bit more to see if they don't cause pain. Don't have the Baroque, will add them to my list thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back