FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #1,576 of 1,955
In November, however it is very easy for them to have someone just contact all orders and provide a status. If you do it the old way you can outsource at cents on the $ , which is the easiest nowadays. I know they are a small shop hence the suggestion. Will not cancel as I still want to experience their product and support a new business.

Will check in, thanks - I understand, I'm here as an additional resource as well!

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #1,577 of 1,955
ff sm.jpg

Took a while to get to me (from my forwarder) because of the holiday season but it's finally here!

Some super quick impressions:
The graphs don't lie lol there is a LOT of bass. Like, physically nauseating with certain tracks (but that's what you're here for)
I can't help but smile when I first put this on as yeah, it's one thing to see how it graphs but it really is another when you actually hear it
I'm surprised by how normal it sounds on non-bassy tracks and there are no glaring timbral issues to me
Probably not a safe blind buy for treble-sensitive people as there are some some potentially troublesome ranges, didn't bother me though
Vocals are definitely placed a fair bit behind the bass here and can get overshadowed by the bass (as expected)

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #1,578 of 1,955
ff sm.jpg
Took a while to get to me (from my forwarder) because of the holiday season but it's finally here!

The graphs don't lie lol there is a LOT of bass. Like, physically nauseating with certain tracks (but that's what you're here for)
I can't help but smile when I first put this on as yeah, it's one thing to see how it graphs but it really is another when you actually hear it
I'm surprised by how normal it sounds on non-bassy tracks and there are no glaring timbral issues to me
Probably not a safe blind buy for treble-sensitive people as there are some some potentially troublesome ranges, didn't bother me though
Vocals are definitely placed a fair bit behind the bass here and can get overshadowed by the bass (as expected)
Thanks for the quick impressions. Really looking forward to them! I bought them blind, but am looking for stupid amounts of bass as I have a more modest sounding hifi system for family and neighbor friendly use. This one is for the rebel inside

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #1,579 of 1,955
This will fix to some degree after burn in.

Treeble will get smoother less aggresive

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #1,580 of 1,955
sm vs mmk3.jpg

Here's a size comparison vs Monarch Mk3 as well. They weren't kidding with the "mini" designation.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #1,581 of 1,955
Thanks for the quick impressions. Really looking forward to them! I bought them blind, but am looking for stupid amounts of bass as I have a more modest sounding hifi system for family and neighbor friendly use. This one is for the rebel inside
Honestly the same reason for why I bought the scarlets too 🤟

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #1,582 of 1,955
ff sm.jpg

sm vs mmk3.jpg
Here's a size comparison vs Monarch Mk3 as well. They weren't kidding with the "mini" designation.

Thanks very much for the quick impressions! Look forward to a full review later on after you've had more time with them.

Honestly the same reason for why I bought the scarlets too 🤟

Why we made them! Hahaha.

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #1,585 of 1,955
I just received my set of NiceHCK Maple cables. I really love them!
I dig the weight of them more then how light the stock scarlet red ones are. You got heavy bass so why not some heft to go with it? :D
The red colour is a superb match with the Scarlets, from the shade of red to the shimmer pattern. As nice as this pic is, the light reflecting off the cable makes them look cherry red, in real life its almost an exact crimson red like the scarlet shells. They honestly make the Scarlets look a million bucks.
Fit is better on my ear. On the stock ones it catches a bit on the top of my right ear (I'm sure its a me and my ears problem, but none the less).
The little bit that you slide up the cable to make them stable also stays better in place than the stock ones. I found on the stock cables i had to really drag it up to the point it was kind of tight on my neck and even then it could slide back down if I moved around. I feel that one is okay for standing still, where as these ones it does the trick if your moving as well.
Sound? Well, they sound great. I'm not sure if I can hear difference in cables, I'm not going to go back and forward A-B testing them. What I can say is that the few tracks I listened to seemed to sound the best I've heard through the scarlets. It kind of felt like the bass 'got in the way' less while making the mids and highs stand out a bit more, but at the same time not reducing the bass or just boosting the rest? Feels more coherent. Idk, might need more time with them or maybe its just how my ears are today. Who knows, might all be in my head no pun intended but they certainly sound good.
I'm also pretty happy with the case they came in. I was in the market for a case and this fits them + my fiio KA13 perfectly. It feels very hardy from the outside, nice denim blue material and seemingly a magnet holding the top to the bottom when its closed that needs just enough force to open that you dont feel it will open on its own. The blue contrasts nicely with the red.
I wouldn't pay the price they are often asking ($300AUD?!) over the stock cables (cables arent that important to me!). It seems they do massive discounts regularly. I think i paid about $90 AUD for them shipped. They arrived in about 10 days from the official nicehck store. It looks like the discount code is still available as of today (RN472PYDMN6X)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004840124886.html

P1033964.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #1,587 of 1,955
I dig the weight of them more then how light the stock scarlet red ones are. You got heavy bass so why not some heft to go with it? :D
The red colour is a superb match with the Scarlets, from the shade of red to the shimmer pattern. As nice as this pic is, the light reflecting off the cable makes them look cherry red, in real life its almost an exact crimson red like the scarlet shells. They honestly make the Scarlets look a million bucks.
Fit is better on my ear. On the stock ones it catches a bit on the top of my right ear (I'm sure its a me and my ears problem, but none the less).
The little bit that you slide up the cable to make them stable also stays better in place than the stock ones. I found on the stock cables i had to really drag it up to the point it was kind of tight on my neck and even then it could slide back down if I moved around. I feel that one is okay for standing still, where as these ones it does the trick if your moving as well.
Sound? Well, they sound great. I'm not sure if I can hear difference in cables, I'm not going to go back and forward A-B testing them. What I can say is that the few tracks I listened to seemed to sound the best I've heard through the scarlets. It kind of felt like the bass 'got in the way' less while making the mids and highs stand out a bit more, but at the same time not reducing the bass or just boosting the rest? Feels more coherent. Idk, might need more time with them or maybe its just how my ears are today. Who knows, might all be in my head no pun intended but they certainly sound good.
I'm also pretty happy with the case they came in. I was in the market for a case and this fits them + my fiio KA13 perfectly. It feels very hardy from the outside, nice denim blue material and seemingly a magnet holding the top to the bottom when its closed that needs just enough force to open that you dont feel it will open on its own. The blue contrasts nicely with the red.
I wouldn't pay the price they are often asking ($300AUD?!) over the stock cables (cables arent that important to me!). It seems they do massive discounts regularly. I think i paid about $90 AUD for them shipped. They arrived in about 10 days from the official nicehck store. It looks like the discount code is still available as of today (RN472PYDMN6X)

I like how the red on the connectors look, kinda does make the scarlet look more premium. Nice that it comes with a portable case too.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #1,588 of 1,955
Jan 4, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #1,590 of 1,955

P1033964.jpg
Those red connectors are so pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back