FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #1,591 of 2,009
I like how the red on the connectors look, kinda does make the scarlet look more premium. Nice that it comes with a portable case too.
Those red connectors are so pretty!

Agreed

If someone want target then buy maestro mini.
At leas on bass and low mids.

Was more so thinking for versatility

Yep, this EQ definitely leans towards versatility more than anything else.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #1,592 of 2,009
This red cable is beautiful, but I find the original cable with its interchangeable plug very practical. I connect the scarlet to the PS5 controller in 3.5mm SE for gaming and I can connect to a balanced 4.4mm amp just by changing the plug.

The only negative point for me is that it is not angled at 90°.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #1,593 of 2,009
Also i just found theres an AutoEQ profile for the Scarlets.
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/ToneDeafMonk/in-ear/Fatfreq Scarlet Mini
I tried, its interesting. Unsure if i like or not (for 'normal' music)
Im not sure if i used it correctly, but for me sounds totally weird.
NON EQ scarlet still more musical than this EQ preset.
If i want more "musicality" im using 20-190 hz - 4 db and 2k to 10k hz + 3db for tracks like this :)

Synthwave FIREEEEE

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-06 002327.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-06 002327.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #1,595 of 2,009
Just demo'ed the Scarlet Mini with a whole bunch of tips, and so far Final Audio Type E tips seem to be a winner for me. Still retains the bass while pushing the mids and treble more forward without ever being fatiguing. Plus it gave the most comfort and sealed the best for my ears. I can see why a lot of people were recommending them now 👍

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #1,596 of 2,009
Just demo'ed the Scarlet Mini with a whole bunch of tips, and so far Final Audio Type E tips seem to be a winner for me. Still retains the bass while pushing the mids and treble more forward without ever being fatiguing. Plus it gave the most comfort and sealed the best for my ears. I can see why a lot of people were recommending them now 👍
I did try wide bore tips but most of them made the sub bass feel too bloated on some tracks for my liking

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #1,597 of 2,009
Final type E tips are true gigachad among eartips.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,598 of 2,009
Im not sure if i used it correctly, but for me sounds totally weird.
NON EQ scarlet still more musical than this EQ preset.
If i want more "musicality" im using 20-190 hz - 4 db and 2k to 10k hz + 3db for tracks like this :)

Synthwave FIREEEEE

I don't know about EQ, but Scarlet do love that synth though...

Happy Friday, you Freqs!

These tracks are especially great on the MSE!

I did try wide bore tips but most of them made the sub bass feel too bloated on some tracks for my liking

Thanks! Will have to see if we can get these included as stock with everything.

Final type E tips are true gigachad among eartips.

Yes, they are. Kinda wild how many brands use them and at that use them as their recommended tip now.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #1,602 of 2,009
Has anyone had experience with both the Maestro Mini and the Scarlet Mini? I know the Scarlet has more bass but is that the only difference?
Scarlet Mini has more treble than the Maestro Mini as well. Essentially Scarlet is a more v-shape Maestro mini to put it simply. Technicalities remain the same between the two.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #1,603 of 2,009
Has anyone had experience with both the Maestro Mini and the Scarlet Mini? I know the Scarlet has more bass but is that the only difference?
Scarlet is even more V shaped

For me it's upgrade but i am basshead, u can always eq for taste.

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #1,604 of 2,009
Really appreciate it. As it stands, the Tri-Clarion tips don't really work well with the Scarlets in my opinion. But the azla tips that they provide with their other models like the MSE are fine to me for now.

Thank you! I'll keep the community updated once I know more.

Scarlet Mini has more treble than the Maestro Mini as well. Essentially Scarlet is a more v-shape Maestro mini to put it simply. Technicalities remain the same between the two.
Scarlet is even more V shaped

For me it's upgrade but i am basshead, u can always eq for taste.

Thanks for answering guys! This is spot on to our thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back