FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #497 of 1,960
what is the cable used in Grand Masetro? Ag Cu mix?

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #498 of 1,960
No, we don't have date yet for either. The Scarlet Mini will be done when it's done. Taking all the feedback from CanJam Singapore and these tours towards the final model.
Thank you for answering :beerchug:
I have to be patient for now haha, let's hope scarlet aka MM v2 will be even more epic than MM that im really enjoyng now with fiio k7, better cable and

Final Audio Eartips Type E :L3000:

I was (and still i'm) suprised how good the mids,highs and soundstage is with that crazy amout of bass damn sooo good ! MM is the KING !
2 bad i got older version with no filters for wax on nozzles :jecklinsmile:

+/- price for scarlet?? in SGD or USD

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #499 of 1,960
what is the cable used in Grand Masetro? Ag Cu mix?
I think it is just copper, maybe with silver or silver plated cores mixed in. There's nothing gold looking except the connector plating.

It's a really nice stock cable, very substantial. It's wire gauge is close even to the epic Effect Audio 23 16.5 AWG:

20230329_092029.jpg

Above is GM stock on top, and Code 23 on bottom. Especially when you factor in the Code 23 is shielded, I bet the actual conductor gauge is at least as beefy on the GM. As you can see the visible cable threads look very much like copper, although the braided silver/white threads might be silver or SPC, or it may just look cool.

Maybe @Sebastien Chiu can give us formal clarification on the wire specs from the Freqs themselves? I'd be interested in finding more about the MSE upgrade cable too!

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #500 of 1,960
Holy crap, listening to Beck's "Country Down" in flac, on my WM1A, with the Maestro SE, is pretty much a religious experience. The sound is just so damn expansive, layered, detailed, and all-encompassing!

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #501 of 1,960
y
I think it is just copper, maybe with silver or silver plated cores mixed in. There's nothing gold looking except the connector plating.

It's a really nice stock cable, very substantial. It's wire gauge is close even to the epic Effect Audio 23 16.5 AWG:

20230329_092029.jpg

Above is GM stock on top, and Code 23 on bottom. Especially when you factor in the Code 23 is shielded, I bet the actual conductor gauge is at least as beefy on the GM. As you can see the visible cable threads look very much like copper, although the braided silver/white threads might be silver or SPC, or it may just look cool.

Maybe @Sebastien Chiu can give us formal clarification on the wire specs from the Freqs themselves? I'd be interested in finding more about the MSE upgrade cable too!
yes will check with them. i am cable guy so will dive into it depending on the sound signatures.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #502 of 1,960
Hi im new here i am so curious about the sound impression between Grand Maestro and Maestro SE. I live somewhere else so i cant demo the IEM but i really am interested in getting one.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #503 of 1,960
+/- price for scarlet?? in SGD or USD

Can't comment on price just yet.

Yes, I will ask them and get back to everyone here soon.

y

yes will check with them. i am cable guy so will dive into it depending on the sound signatures.

Hope you get a chance to roll them soon!

Hi im new here i am so curious about the sound impression between Grand Maestro and Maestro SE. I live somewhere else so i cant demo the IEM but i really am interested in getting one.

@Bret Halford's thoughts would be the best to sum things up now.

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #504 of 1,960
Can't comment on price just yet.

Hope you get a chance to roll them soon!

@Bret Halford's thoughts would be the best to sum things up now.
How about you? Have you tried GM and SE? Any impression?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #505 of 1,960

Finally got a chance to respond via PM, good luck and enjoy!

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #506 of 1,960
Has anyone compared the Maestro SE / Grand Maestro with the EE Legend X?
Been trying to find a "fun" custom IEM. My original plan was to order the Elysian Diva, but they aren't making customs right now...
The Maestro SE seems to run a similar FR to the Diva. The Grand Maestro doesn't seem to have much information at all.
The Legend X appears to have a bit less bass and a slightly more relaxed FR, but similar.

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #507 of 1,960
Mar 30, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #508 of 1,960
Mar 31, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #509 of 1,960
Holy crap, listening to Beck's "Country Down" in flac, on my WM1A, with the Maestro SE, is pretty much a religious experience. The sound is just so damn expansive, layered, detailed, and all-encompassing!

I think this is the first time I've ever quoted myself in the forums here. But just wanted to add that while "Country Down" was as stated on the WM1A, I've got in the M8 today and am getting used to it... well, ummm, "Country Down" is beyond religious experience on it. More open, layered, grand & expansive... all with a more sparkling top end, and the lows truly becoming visceral. The bass is so good, and just grips hold of the dynamic giving real tactile punch. Lows on the WM1A are more flabby by comparison.

Definitely safe to say the M8 is taking the MSE to a new level already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back