FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #481 of 1,983
Had my first go at Fatfreq IEMs and colour me impressed. Not exactly my taste (I don’t like big subs) but it’ll definitely be high on my recommendations list for others who like it. I do think the the reference line is a bit under appreciated - the Reference (non-pro) is really good value!

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #482 of 1,983
Crosspost from the Watercooler.

I am here to say it once again.

All the hype that Fat Freq has been getting is more than deserved.

These IEMs are amazing!

I don’t know how they do it but they do. Excellent clarity, good timbre, good tone, good technicalities, deep rumbling BASS.

I am over the moon with these IEMs.

In other news… the best part in living in an expensive city like Victoria, BC is the rich getting rid of their expensive stuff they never used.

I just got a $860 coffee setup for $300.

Ratio Six & Baratza Encore.

50C41317-AD55-44ED-9FD1-2A7690007F20.jpeg

Best cup of joe I have had in a long time. I miss working in the coffee industry.

Grateful I still had beans from my Koppi, my workplace when I lived in Sweden. 🇸🇪

E371FCF8-FE6E-4729-8BFD-890D25CE5D00.jpeg

I am forever grateful to @Rockwell75 for the opportunity to hear all these amazing IEMs. 🙏🏻

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #483 of 1,983
That new coffee setup looks great! afraid to ask how old those beans are, though. 🤭

...and mse is a 🐐 for sure.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #484 of 1,983
That new coffee setup looks great! afraid to ask how old those beans are, though. 🤭

...and mse is a 🐐 for sure.

Haha. There is this company called DHL that ships items internationally, even coffee beans. 😂

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #485 of 1,983
ah, phew!

i must have misunderstood when you said, "Grateful I still had beans from my Koppi, my workplace when I lived in Sweden."

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #486 of 1,983
ah, phew!

i must have misunderstood when you said, "Grateful I still had beans from my Koppi, my workplace when I lived in Sweden."

I ordered in January. 😂

They are about perfectly rested.

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #487 of 1,983
There isn't anything in the market, at any price point really, that sounds like the Maestro series.
agreed...mse redefined the $2k segment for me.

mine will be here tomorrow.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #489 of 1,983
That's what i thought :beerchug:
Do we know when they will got final tuning and release? and graph :D

No, we don't have date yet for either. The Scarlet Mini will be done when it's done. Taking all the feedback from CanJam Singapore and these tours towards the final model.

Had my first go at Fatfreq IEMs and colour me impressed. Not exactly my taste (I don’t like big subs) but it’ll definitely be high on my recommendations list for others who like it. I do think the the reference line is a bit under appreciated - the Reference (non-pro) is really good value!

Thanks so much! Were you at CanJam?

Crosspost from the Watercooler.

I am here to say it once again.

All the hype that Fat Freq has been getting is more than deserved.

These IEMs are amazing!

I don’t know how they do it but they do. Excellent clarity, good timbre, good tone, good technicalities, deep rumbling BASS.

I am over the moon with these IEMs.

In other news… the best part in living in an expensive city like Victoria, BC is the rich getting rid of their expensive stuff they never used.

I just got a $860 coffee setup for $300.

Ratio Six & Baratza Encore.

Best cup of joe I have had in a long time. I miss working in the coffee industry.

Grateful I still had beans from my Koppi, my workplace when I lived in Sweden. 🇸🇪

I am forever grateful to @Rockwell75 for the opportunity to hear all these amazing IEMs. 🙏🏻
agreed...mse redefined the $2k segment for me.

mine will be here tomorrow.

Thank you both! Appreciate the compliments and support.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #490 of 1,983
It's here...

...and it's good.

To start, MSE has such an inoffensive tuning.

That may not seem like much, however, I have bought and sold TOTL sets at more than twice the price of this thing in a flash because they were unlistenable in one way or another - sibilant treble, notes too thin-sounding, harsh upper-mids...etc. (Not to mention the gents over at FF have been offering discount deals for a little while now.) MSE more or less avoids all of these potential pitfalls, and delivers a sound that can be effortlessly listened to for hours, and is likely to offend next to no one. I think this is an iem that most people, even those not looking for a transducer with such a dramatic bass shelf, will have a hard time denying sounds pretty sweet.

MSE isn't the most technically impressive iem I've heard: it may not have the best texture, or the biggest staging, or the most airy layering, or dazzling detail, or lifelike vocals....but it also doesn't disappointingly swing and miss on any of those things either. Everything MSE does, it does really well. And damn is it fun, musical, and engaging as hell. I will even go so far as to say it's one of the most engaging iems I've ever heard, while concurrently being one of the least offensive. And this thing definitely has bass that digs deeper than anything I've heard before. And because nearly all of the bass is in the sub-region, it truly does "disappear" when your music doesn't demand it, which dramatically adds to MSE's versatility. (This is completely different from something like the xe6, which has an ever-present warmth whether the song calls for it or not.)

In my opinion, the MSE a legitimate allrounder with incredible bass, and sky-high engagement and musicality, all of which is delivered inoffensively, and at a relative bargain price when compared to so much else out there.

In the $2k and below segment, MSE is now my top recommendation.

Cheers, FatFreq.

TLDR EDIT: The battery on my mojo just died unexpectedly in the middle of a song with the MSE in my ears...that's my one-line 5 star review.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #491 of 1,983
It's here...

...and it's good.

That may not seem like much, however, I have bought and sold TOTL sets at more than twice the price of this thing in a flash because they were unlistenable in one way or another - sibilant treble, notes too thin-sounding, harsh upper-mids...etc. (Not to mention the gents over at FF have been offering discount deals for a little while now.) MSE more or less avoids all of these potential pitfalls, and delivers a sound that can be effortlessly listened to for hours, and is likely to offend next to no one. I think this is an iem that most people, even those not looking for a transducer with such a dramatic bass shelf, will have a hard time denying sounds pretty sweet.

MSE isn't the most technically impressive iem I've heard: it may not have the best texture, or the biggest staging, or the most airy layering, or dazzling detail, or lifelike vocals....but it also doesn't disappointingly swing and miss on any of those things either. Everything MSE does, it does really well. And damn is it fun, musical, and engaging as hell. I will even go so far as to say it's one of the most engaging iems I've ever heard, while concurrently being one of the least offensive. And this thing definitely has bass that digs deeper than anything I've heard before. And because nearly all of the bass is in the sub-region, it truly does "disappear" when your music doesn't demand it, which dramatically adds to the MSE's versatility. (This is completely different from something like the xe6, which has an ever-present warmth whether the song calls for it or not.)

In my opinion, the MSE a legitimate allrounder with incredible bass, and sky-high engagement and musicality, all of which is delivered inoffensively, and at a relative bargain price when compared to so much else out there.

Cheers, FatFreq.

Well said, sir.

Then you become so obsessed with it like I am that you spend MORE money on a cable to fine tune the sound a few extra % than you did the damn IEM itself, but wow is it a good combo.

052CDDAB-B7FA-4FE8-96F9-B9BE2C4600E5.jpeg

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #492 of 1,983
Sounds compelling and interesting to read this review about the IEM (MSE), actually listening to the sound of these should be exciting.

Wonder, that if MSE are a 10/10, at what scale do the Maestro Mini rate at?

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #493 of 1,983
Well said, sir.

Then you become so obsessed with it like I am that you spend MORE money on a cable to fine tune the sound a few extra % than you did the damn IEM itself, but wow is it a good combo.

052CDDAB-B7FA-4FE8-96F9-B9BE2C4600E5.jpeg
...yeah, cause you and i've never done that before...

🤭

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #494 of 1,983
It's here...

...and it's good.

MSE isn't the most technically impressive iem I've heard: it may not have the best texture, or the biggest staging, or the most airy layering, or dazzling detail, or lifelike vocals....but it also doesn't disappointingly swing and miss on any of those things either. Everything MSE does, it does really well. And damn is it fun, musical, and engaging as hell. I will even go so far as to say it's one of the most engaging iems I've ever heard, while concurrently being one of the least offensive. And this thing definitely has bass that digs deeper than anything I've heard before. And because nearly all of the bass is in the sub-region, it truly does "disappear" when your music doesn't demand it, which dramatically adds to MSE's versatility. (This is completely different from something like the xe6, which has an ever-present warmth whether the song calls for it or not.)

Cheers, FatFreq.

TLDR EDIT: The battery on my mojo just died unexpectedly in the middle of a song with the MSE in my ears...that's my one-line 5 star review.

Appreciate you crossposting this into the MSE thread!

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #495 of 1,983
this is actually the only place I've posted so far...i can change that though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back