FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Mar 9, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #451 of 1,936
This is the “lagoon” faceplate, different to stock.
Thanks. I'm considering to reshell my MSE to custom-fit but Ben sent me a lot of design options and it's kind of difficult to make a decision. Lagoon looks very nice. Nova, Orion and Neptune looks good too.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #452 of 1,936
I think Neptune is the stock plate for reference.

BUBBLES-1.gif
Been heavily enjoying the MM these past few days :)
Adequate packaging which isn't flashy but practical. I do like the 3D-printed desiccant canister.
I liked the TRI Clarion tips it came with so much I bought another set for the bird. Tames the bass quite a bit but opens up the top end wonderfully, especially on the bird
With the FAudio Instrument tips, I once again hear that head shaking rumble. Won't use these daily unless I really crave to ruin my hearing xD It's quite addicting
These are a keeper for me :) Only shame is one side came with quite a large hairline crack. They've yet to reply to me but I have some fotoplast S/IO just in case :)

:heart_eyes: Wow what a glamour shot

Good call on TRI tips, I got around to trying them out last week on my MSE and they were surprisingly functional and balanced.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #453 of 1,936
@Sebastien Chiu
Do you know anything else about Maestro Mini v2? Did they want to release it by the end of March?

Do you know if the idea is to improve the high-mid tuning, something more similar to the MSE?

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #454 of 1,936
Thanks. I'm considering to reshell my MSE to custom-fit but Ben sent me a lot of design options and it's kind of difficult to make a decision. Lagoon looks very nice. Nova, Orion and Neptune looks good too.

To many good options is that hardest part of deciding :)

I think Neptune is the stock plate for reference.

:heart_eyes: Wow what a glamour shot

Good call on TRI tips, I got around to trying them out last week on my MSE and they were surprisingly functional and balanced.

Nice, need to try these on my MSE. thanks for the rec!

@Sebastien Chiu
Do you know anything else about Maestro Mini v2? Did they want to release it by the end of March?

Do you know if the idea is to improve the high-mid tuning, something more similar to the MSE?

I can't comment about tuning yet, but yes we will have. a launch at CanJam Singapore. More info to come then :)

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #455 of 1,936
I can't comment about tuning yet, but yes we will have. a launch at CanJam Singapore. More info to come then :)
Thanks for the info!

And the current Mini will disappear then?

(I ask it in case in the end the tuning changes a lot with version 2)

Mar 11, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #457 of 1,936
Nope

I asked FF via instagram
v2 will be for "v1" owners from what i understand.
I had understood that INITIALLY (at its launch) the MM v2 would be for v1 buyers, but later it would be a model available to everyone.

But maybe it was wrong information.

Although I don't understand the effort of developing a new product, and that people can't buy it, only those who had already bought it before...

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #458 of 1,936
Nope

I asked FF via instagram
v2 will be for "v1" owners from what i understand.

I had understood that INITIALLY (at its launch) the MM v2 would be for v1 buyers, but later it would be a model available to everyone.

But maybe it was wrong information.

Although I don't understand the effort of developing a new product, and that people can't buy it, only those who had already bought it before...

This is incorrect information as it’s changed over time. The upcoming v2 will be available to everyone and you will hear more about it at CanJam Singapore end of the March.

Mar 16, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #459 of 1,936
Finally getting to demo the Grand Maestro. I definitely vibe with this sound too but thankfully I don’t feel the need to buy these. They sound a bit less U shaped to me than the MSE with some added mid bass and overall fuller and more organic mids. For vocals, I’d say GM is the better set. I do not however like the vocal oriented switch as it’s too mid focused for me but I appreciate how different it is to the non vocal side. I listen to a large amount of electronic and for me the MSE works better there with its leaner and snappier sound, it also sounds larger and more spacious to me as a result of the leaner signature.

Both are excellent sets imo, FatFreq is becoming one of my favorite brands if they keep pushing out these bass oriented sets.

C3545CC0-B89A-40C3-846D-9595AFFBB4F4.jpeg

Mar 17, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #460 of 1,936
Finally getting to demo the Grand Maestro. I definitely vibe with this sound too but thankfully I don’t feel the need to buy these. They sound a bit less U shaped to me than the MSE with some added mid bass and overall fuller and more organic mids. For vocals, I’d say GM is the better set. I do not however like the vocal oriented switch as it’s too mid focused for me but I appreciate how different it is to the non vocal side. I listen to a large amount of electronic and for me the MSE works better there with its leaner and snappier sound, it also sounds larger and more spacious to me as a result of the leaner signature.

Both are excellent sets imo, FatFreq is becoming one of my favorite brands if they keep pushing out these bass oriented sets.

C3545CC0-B89A-40C3-846D-9595AFFBB4F4.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Will hopefully be able to arrange for more access to the Grand Maestro soon.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #462 of 1,936
Mar 20, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #463 of 1,936
Hmmm, I wonder if this can be applied to Musictech.
I doubt it. This should only apply if you purchased from them directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back