FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #436 of 1,977
We be rolling luxury tips in this thread :p Seriously though, when I popped these in and felt how comfortable and well they sealed I cringed knowing they were the priciest of the bunch lol.

The material is quite unique amongst tips I've tried (Spinfits, JVC, Azlasedna) so if you are looking to try something different or have lots of tip options at your disposal these would probably be well worth the premium. The pictures don't really relay the difference in feel, it reminds of kids' squishy toys... I don't actually really like it's feel on my fingers, but is it ever great in ear.

For me, I'll need to give them sear time to make sure they are relatively durable and they grip the IEM well enough over time before I'd give them a complete rec.
I appreciate the thought out reply. The priciest tips I own come from Azla, the Crystals and the XElastecs. The Crystals are one of my favorite tips while the Elastecs are one of my least favorite, so I’m weary to say the least dropping so much coin on tips.

I may just go for it and bite the bullet. Who knows? Maybe they’re the right tip for another pair I have? It’s all fun. It’s just that fun always has a price of admission 🥲

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #437 of 1,977
Received the MM yesterday and have been impressed by it. It sounds even across FR and the best part is treble doesnt stick out anywhere. I was worried about treble as below $500 IEMs generally are V shaped tuned but since this isn't and hence can be used for long time to listen to music in background while working.
I was listening to it close to 4-5 hrs while working and it didnt cause any discomfort.
Yes, it is not as grandiose as UM Indigo which sometimes demands attention and hence is a difficult IEM to have on you while working.
Happy with it. I got it from used market, so price was just right.
I am using it with my Sony WM1Zm2 DAP.
Have got some new tips on order and excited to roll some tips.

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #438 of 1,977
We be rolling luxury tips in this thread :p Seriously though, when I popped these in and felt how comfortable and well they sealed I cringed knowing they were the priciest of the bunch lol.

The material is quite unique amongst tips I've tried (Spinfits, JVC, Azlasedna) so if you are looking to try something different or have lots of tip options at your disposal these would probably be well worth the premium. The pictures don't really relay the difference in feel, it reminds of kids' squishy toys... I don't actually really like it's feel on my fingers, but is it ever great in ear.

For me, I'll need to give them sear time to make sure they are relatively durable and they grip the IEM well enough over time before I'd give them a complete rec.

<edit:> Sure enough, while listening on my MSE last night the AEX70 tip remained stuck in my ear canal. Always unpleasant when this happens with IEMs, been many years. No matter how good the tip sounds, can't recommend them for the Maestros. Maybe IEMs with a substantial tip mounting on the nozzle to grab it, but these tips don't have enough bore grip for me to use them again.
I appreciate the thought out reply. The priciest tips I own come from Azla, the Crystals and the XElastecs. The Crystals are one of my favorite tips while the Elastecs are one of my least favorite, so I’m weary to say the least dropping so much coin on tips.

I may just go for it and bite the bullet. Who knows? Maybe they’re the right tip for another pair I have? It’s all fun. It’s just that fun always has a price of admission 🥲

We encourage ALL the tip rolling here.

Received the MM yesterday and have been impressed by it. It sounds even across FR and the best part is treble doesnt stick out anywhere. I was worried about treble as below $500 IEMs generally are V shaped tuned but since this isn't and hence can be used for long time to listen to music in background while working.
I was listening to it close to 4-5 hrs while working and it didnt cause any discomfort.
Yes, it is not as grandiose as UM Indigo which sometimes demands attention and hence is a difficult IEM to have on you while working.
Happy with it. I got it from used market, so price was just right.
I am using it with my Sony WM1Zm2 DAP.
Have got some new tips on order and excited to roll some tips.

Thank you so much mate!

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #439 of 1,977
Pairing MSE CIEM with EA Cleo 2 4 wire. For a silver cable it’s very smooth and analogue flavored. Injects a smidge of mid bass boost / warmth to MSE while rounding off the sound and a very slight boost in detail and staging. Excellent match for me!

6F41EDFF-7ACC-446D-B56D-6B9CDEAEA767.jpeg

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #441 of 1,977
MusicTeck had a Grand Maestro on hand for attendees at CanJam New York 2023 this past weekend. Fantastic to get more impressions (and pics :heart_eyes:) of the GM in the wild.

@solstice15 gave the heads up early in the official impressions thread about the GM in the house. I really like his description of the two switch modes:
20230225_122415.jpg

Fatfreq Unreleased flagship (Per Andrew @MusicTeck , they might be called the Grand Maestro)

Someone more adept at describing what they're hearing, please go try these, they unlabeled amd hiding behind the Meastro SEs lol, so very easy to miss

Roughly (with switch down) they sounded like a more balanced (slightly less bass forward, but still bass heavy) version of the Maestro SE with more microdetail. With switch up I really liked them, still bass prominent (mud and sub) but mids/vocals come forward and thought there was more treble detail, pretty strange (with switch up) but in a good way.

@Rockwell75 of Watercooler fame included the Grand on his list of favorites from the show and shared (as always) some wonderful impressions:
FatFreq Grand Maestro

333963566_640422808093352_534357936073382341_n.jpg

I was pleased to check out the Fatfreq Grand Maestro at the Musicteck table. A more refined-in-the-mids and less bass dominant presentation than the the Maestro Mini or the SE. Possibly the best "all rounder" of the Fafreq lineup.

I'm sure there are other impressions I've missed, they had an MSE out as well. Excited for Can Jam Singapore, even just to enjoy vicariously!

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #442 of 1,977
Pairing MSE CIEM with EA Cleo 2 4 wire. For a silver cable it’s very smooth and analogue flavored. Injects a smidge of mid bass boost / warmth to MSE while rounding off the sound and a very slight boost in detail and staging. Excellent match for me!

6F41EDFF-7ACC-446D-B56D-6B9CDEAEA767.jpeg

Beautiful pairing sonically and visually!
@EffectAudio / @JordonEA

.... pending

More IEMS? :p

MusicTeck had a Grand Maestro on hand for attendees at CanJam New York 2023 this past weekend. Fantastic to get more impressions (and pics :heart_eyes:) of the GM in the wild.

@solstice15 gave the heads up early in the official impressions thread about the GM in the house. I really like his description of the two switch modes:

@Rockwell75 of Watercooler fame included the Grand on his list of favorites from the show and shared (as always) some wonderful impressions:

I'm sure there are other impressions I've missed, they had an MSE out as well. Excited for Can Jam Singapore, even just to enjoy vicariously!

Thanks for sharing these here!

Mar 3, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #443 of 1,977

Did you have a listen to MSE? If yes, could you share your experience of the difference between GM and MSE regarding sound? Thanks.

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #444 of 1,977
Mar 4, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #445 of 1,977
Mar 9, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #446 of 1,977
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #447 of 1,977
GM CIEM order placed! I'm stealing @aaf evo 's design (looks damn good!)

Mar 9, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #448 of 1,977
BUBBLES-1.gif

Been heavily enjoying the MM these past few days :)
Adequate packaging which isn't flashy but practical. I do like the 3D-printed desiccant canister.
I liked the TRI Clarion tips it came with so much I bought another set for the bird. Tames the bass quite a bit but opens up the top end wonderfully, especially on the bird
With the FAudio Instrument tips, I once again hear that head shaking rumble. Won't use these daily unless I really crave to ruin my hearing xD It's quite addicting
These are a keeper for me :) Only shame is one side came with quite a large hairline crack. They've yet to reply to me but I have some fotoplast S/IO just in case :)

Attachments

• BUBBLES-1.gif
    BUBBLES-1.gif
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #449 of 1,977

Those shells have the standard color scheme or did you pick another design?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back