FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Apr 4, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #1,846 of 1,991
Quite an endearing video from FATfreq sharing the history, team and facility tour:

Man, I have 0 skills in audio engineering but I'd love to be a part of their team in some way lol. Despite all their issues, I'm such a big fan of their company.

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #1,848 of 1,991
Man, I have 0 skills in audio engineering but I'd love to be a part of their team in some way lol. Despite all their issues, I'm such a big fan of their company.
Love to see Asian dudes chasing their dreams. Taking care of your local musicians' monitoring needs is a great way to have a long term success in this business. Some of the biggest IEM names in Asia started this way.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #1,849 of 1,991
Got a chance to demo the Scarlet Mini and wrote out some impressions here

It's super hard for me not to pull out my credit card and throw it at my screen to pick up the Scarlet Mini or the Maestro Mini (I think Maestro Mini would likely be perfect for me) for real.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #1,850 of 1,991

It's super hard for me not to pull out my credit card and throw it at my screen to pick up the Scarlet Mini or the Maestro Mini (I think Maestro Mini would likely be perfect for me) for real.
You did a great write up! Thanks!

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #1,851 of 1,991
IMG_8775.jpeg

Musicteck and DHL were super quick!

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #1,852 of 1,991
As someone who tried the GM and liked them, for a bit more grab the Volür. Similar overall tuning, will scratch the itch. And 64 audio has amazing customer service.

These horror stories are pretty bad.. It's funny because at can jam I had no idea that there were all these issues. I just heard good things about the GM for a fun, bassy but still technically sound iem, and that's my main style.

Then I read about these issues in this thread after, and I'm like how were they conducting business as usual at CanJam when people are waiting this long for a product with their money gone?

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #1,853 of 1,991
Trying the Scarlet Mini’s out with the Final E tips (I never used them on the tour unit), almost like a different IEM. Brings the treble down a touch and forward and also brings the mids forward, which makes a big difference. Bass remains pretty much as it was, if not a little tighter. Moves it from a bass only IEM to something which I’ll pick up much more often!

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,854 of 1,991
Trying the Scarlet Mini’s out with the Final E tips (I never used them on the tour unit), almost like a different IEM. Brings the treble down a touch and forward and also brings the mids forward, which makes a big difference. Bass remains pretty much as it was, if not a little tighter. Moves it from a bass only IEM to something which I’ll pick up much more often!

Type E Clear/Reds? Absolutely gave me the best fit on the Scarlet tour unit.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #1,855 of 1,991
Type E Clear/Reds? Absolutely gave me the best fit on the Scarlet tour unit.
Violet ones that came with my supernova. My right ear is a little funky still with the fit, fine once I get it right but takes a few goes. I’ll play around with the sizes tomorrow. I’ve also got Clarion Tri’s on the way but I don’t think I want to go back to them on this, final e seems to be perfect.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #1,856 of 1,991

Good write up. I’ve had my Scarlet Mini’s about 3 weeks now & I’ve been daily driving them. The bass is addictive & is like having a club sound system in your head.
I’ve loved throwing some seriously heavy techno, D&B and hip hop at them. They still keep amazing me with how hard they slam & how deep they rumble.

I’d agree they’re an incredible addition to a collection but not a 1 & done set. They’re very genre specific. They’re mind blowing for electronic music & hip hop (about 80% of my library) but while they’re decent there are much better sets (for cheaper) for other genres.

I agree with everyone who’s recommended the Final E tips. I tried the stock tips, Fiio bass (absolutely crazy felt like my brain was rumbling), Fiio balanced, Dunu S&S, Spinfits and Dekoni bulletz. None of which were as good as the Final E tips which give the bass but don’t let it overwhelm the mids as some tips I tried did.

The wait was a pain & I was not happy about having to constantly chase Fat Freq for updates but I’d definitely say it’s worth the wait. End game IEM’s if you’re a bass head!

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #1,857 of 1,991
You did a great write up! Thanks!
Thank you! They're just a special set that it didn't feel right not to gush about the addictive bass.

Good write up. I’ve had my Scarlet Mini’s about 3 weeks now & I’ve been daily driving them. The bass is addictive & is like having a club sound system in your head.
I’ve loved throwing some seriously heavy techno, D&B and hip hop at them. They still keep amazing me with how hard they slam & how deep they rumble.

I’d agree they’re an incredible addition to a collection but not a 1 & done set. They’re very genre specific. They’re mind blowing for electronic music & hip hop (about 80% of my library) but while they’re decent there are much better sets (for cheaper) for other genres.

I agree with everyone who’s recommended the Final E tips. I tried the stock tips, Fiio bass (absolutely crazy felt like my brain was rumbling), Fiio balanced, Dunu S&S, Spinfits and Dekoni bulletz. None of which were as good as the Final E tips which give the bass but don’t let it overwhelm the mids as some tips I tried did.

The wait was a pain & I was not happy about having to constantly chase Fat Freq for updates but I’d definitely say it’s worth the wait. End game IEM’s if you’re a bass head!

Thanks for your own breakdown! 100% agreed, Final tips brought the seal and satisfaction levels up.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,858 of 1,991

I listen to the same genres as you with about 80% of my library being hip-hop with another 10% being DnB, dubstep, trap, etc. That’s the main reason why I am considering the Scarlet Mini.

If I may ask, how long did it take for your Scarlets to arrive?

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #1,859 of 1,991
I said that earlier that final type E tips are giga chad of tips :)

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #1,860 of 1,991
I listen to the same genres as you with about 80% of my library being hip-hop with another 10% being DnB, dubstep, trap, etc. That’s the main reason why I am considering the Scarlet Mini.

If I may ask, how long did it take for your Scarlets to arrive?
About 3 months it’s a very long wait but it’s worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back