FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #1,862 of 1,987
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #1,863 of 1,987
I said that earlier that final type E tips are giga chad of tips :)
Yeah, thanks by the way! I was reading your comments while waiting for my Scarlets and ordered the final e tips to be on the safe side. I am glad I did. I almost wanted to return the Scarlets immediately when I listened to them for the first time with the stock tips. There was just an insane amount of bass, crisp highs and basically 0 mids. It sounded completely off to me. An analogy may be Vodka with lemon juice, too strong and too sour and you really need something to bring it together to make a good product out of it. But when I tried the Scarlets with the final e tips, the sound imo became so much better it was almost a night and day difference to me. That ultra strong bass was still there, the highs were still convincing in presence and texture, but now also the mids were pushed up just enough to complete that knockout drink, round it off and make it actually quite palatable, delicious even...

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #1,864 of 1,987
Yeah, thanks by the way! I was reading your comments while waiting for my Scarlets and ordered the final e tips to be on the safe side. I am glad I did. I almost wanted to return the Scarlets immediately when I listened to them for the first time with the stock tips. There was just an insane amount of bass, crisp highs and basically 0 mids. It sounded completely off to me. An analogy may be Vodka with lemon juice, too strong and too sour and you really need something to bring it together to make a good product out of it. But when I tried the Scarlets with the final e tips, the sound imo became so much better it was almost a night and day difference to me. That ultra strong bass was still there, the highs were still convincing in presence and texture, but now also the mids were pushed up just enough to complete that knockout drink, round it off and make it actually quite palatable, delicious even...
That's a nice analogy right there

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:28 AM Post #1,866 of 1,987
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #1,869 of 1,987
By reading that the Final Type E are perfect for the Scarlet you make me want to try them!

Are these those? https://www.amazon.fr/Final-Audio-adaptateur-Compatible-Audio-Technica/dp/B083KN15MJ?th=1

Currently I use the Clarion with perfect comfort so I wonder if it's worth to put the trigger !

It is really the perfect combo. I typically check stock tips for a moment before going through Dunu S&S, Spinfit W1 and Final Type E Clear/Reds. Tip rolling really can alleviate a lot of issues.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #1,870 of 1,987
BTW is there person who listen scarlet mini and EMPIRE EARS LEGEND X ?
from what iv heard EMPIRE EARS LEGEND X are absolute END GAME for bass lovers both top tier quality and quantity, considering also V shape whole sound is godly.

They are 4-5 times price of scarlet xD

Also scarlet mini vs campfire audio supermoon.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #1,871 of 1,987
I had the Empire Ears Legend Evo before the Scarlet, but unfortunately not at the same time so no A/B comparison.

What I can say is that I don't regret the EVO, the Scarlet are much smaller and therefore more comfortable for me.

In terms of bass I would say that there is more on the Scarlet especially the infra but difficult to say without direct comparison with the same amp/dac.

The EVOs are 5 times more expensive which is not worth related to the skill of my ears :beyersmile:

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #1,872 of 1,987
Anyone paired scarlet with Questyle CMA18 ?

Im just looking for something that will get 101% of scarlet potential, Fiio k19 that i linked above is overkill for them from what friend told me.
Only using it at home on desk.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #1,873 of 1,987
Anyone paired scarlet with Questyle CMA18 ?

Im just looking for something that will get 101% of scarlet potential, Fiio k19 that i linked above is overkill for them from what friend told me.
Only using it at home on des
Haven't tried personally, but the Questyle M15 I own would be more than enough for the Scarlet Mini. It gets the most out of all my IEMs and the Scarlet Mini should be no exception. The CMA18 would be overkill too imo.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #1,874 of 1,987
Haven't tried personally, but the Questyle M15 I own would be more than enough for the Scarlet Mini. It gets the most out of all my IEMs and the Scarlet Mini should be no exception. The CMA18 would be overkill too imo.
Ty for the info, currently have Fiio k7 Dac Amp + Fiio PL50 linear power supply
but wondering it could be something better for scarlet xD

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #1,875 of 1,987
Ty for the info, currently have Fiio k7 Dac Amp + Fiio PL50 linear power supply
but wondering it could be something better for scarlet xD
I have the K7 and the M15 and I must say the M15 is better for IEMs imo, but not worth it buying on top for the Scarlet Mini. The K7 will be absolutely fine. If you were to buy one without owning any I would recommend the M15, but the K7 is good too. Also more inputs and outputs and all. Fine tuning the volume should be equally ass, so no need to get the M15 for that. It has way too much power from a Pc. I drive all my IEMs at 4-16/100. And the K7 volume regulator is unprecise too, so no argument there for any of the units. Arguably the Scarlet Mini itself isn't good enough to benefit that much of the Questyle M15 over the K7. What I love for IEMs too is the Topping DX3 Pro+. I enjoy it over the K7, but yeah, stick with K7 for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back