Fastfood place rant
Apr 12, 2003 at 3:09 PM Post #107 of 116
There is some feedlot of course but there are lots of places that just have them wander around eating what they like, plenty of space for that
wink.gif

Here's a nice little place you could pick up:
http://www.dalli.com/australia/aus13.html

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #109 of 116
Hey, I came from the East Coast, and now I am in the West Coast, and GOD, but I can't get enough of In'n'out! Yes it *IS* that good because it is *FAST FOOD THAT IS ACTUALLY GOOD!!! Ya, the fries, the burger, everything (except the shakes...) Hell, when was the last time you had really good food going through a fast food drivethrough? In'n'out does it!! BOOYAHH!!

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:16 PM Post #110 of 116
Quote:

Ever smell a subway hero? 'Nuff said.

Ever notices that no matter which sandwich you order at Subway THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME? 'nuff said!

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #111 of 116
A big reason why your fast food entree does not look good in real life is because you are looking at it in a different lighting.

Lighting is crucial in photography and it makes a big difference in making your food look photogenic.

Aug 2, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #114 of 116
That Super Size Me documentary had just been released, too. The current pandemic had done wonders for many celebs that were looking to shed some pounds, but competition in fast food is still torching the mom-and-pop restaurants in sales. Of course, this is no surprise, but science and politics keep changing around the world by the month, so you never know...

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #115 of 116
That Super Size Me documentary had just been released, too. The current pandemic had done wonders for many celebs that were looking to shed some pounds, but competition in fast food is still torching the mom-and-pop restaurants in sales. Of course, this is no surprise, but science and politics keep changing around the world by the month, so you never know...
Personally, I always preferred small hole in the wall mom & pop restaurants that made many varieties of stuff that's typically owned by Greeks (but, not Greek food, but American and Gyros). They are fast food mainly, but the taste is a step-up from a lot of chains. I think these types of restaurants are better in some cities over others, like Chicago for example, they're without a doubt better than chains perhaps due to better quality food supply nearby. Some cities, these food are quite disgusting.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #116 of 116
Personally, I always preferred small hole in the wall mom & pop restaurants that made many varieties of stuff that's typically owned by Greeks (but, not Greek food, but American and Gyros). They are fast food mainly, but the taste is a step-up from a lot of chains.

Yeah, there are a lot of “fast food” or “hole in the wall” mom-and-pop Greek, Lebanese, Eastern European, Arab, etc. restaurants in Houston that have Gyros, Shawarma, Pitas, Lamb-and-rice, etc. with french fries or even onion rings. With the current pandemic, they have to be “fast food” to keep up with big name fast food, but they do indeed a step-up in taste. It used to be expensive, but I do “Jones” (used to be Jones Fried Chicken, but now Jones Halal) for some Chicken wings and French fries to go with some lamb-and-rice right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back