Fastfood place rant
Apr 9, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #76 of 116
No one here knows what "Ich bein ein berliner" means?

It means "I am a donut."

Berliner is a kind of donut just like ich bein ein hamburger means I am a animal style 3x5.

I am a Berliner is "Ich bein Berliner"

Whatever, obscure history/language lesson for the day.

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:22 AM Post #77 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
No one here knows what "Ich bein ein berliner" means?

It means "I am a donut."

Berliner is a kind of donut just like ich bein ein hamburger means I am a animal style 3x5.

I am a Berliner is "Ich bein Berliner"

Whatever, obscure history/language lesson for the day.

John F. Kennedy said: "Ich bin ein Berliner" when he visited Berlin, somwhere in the 60. when the cold war was running high and the Russians blockt Berlin support over the ground.

A Berliner Bol is something you can eat yes, the donut thing with rasberry jam in it, thou the south German call it Krapfen

"Ich bein Berliner" means: "I leg Berliner".
Bein is a leg in English

Peter.

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:54 AM Post #78 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
ugh, i pretty much cut out McD's after seeing my cholestrol shoot up to 250, once i cut out McD's it dropped to 219...hopefully i'll get it to continue dropping once i can get myself to drop Wendy's
frown.gif

Wendy's does have the best fast food salads though. They used to have salad bars in their restaurants, but I guess health concerns forced them to quit
frown.gif

If I ever eat a fast food burger, the first thing I do is take the bun halves and squeeze them into balls so I don't get tempted to eat them. Then I take as many as 8 napkins and press VERY hard on the pattie, I keep doing this until the pattie is dry and there's no more sat fat oil coming out of it (try it sometime, it's disgusting to see what you were going to put into your body). I also get it condiment free (mayonaise has a lot of fat and ketchup has a lot of sugar). I rarely ever eat the whole pattie either. I use a napkin as a "bun". Oh yea, I'm fun to eat fast food with
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #79 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
Someone told me Mcdonalds adds shredded cardboard to their hamburger meat and that it also contains byproducts from kangaroos. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard they used earth worms. Hence the name "Wormburger" Which is what I refer to McDonalds as.

brent_mr2, I miss the Wendy's salad bar. I miss Wendy's. The one in this town is too dirty to eat at. You sound like a lot of fun to take to Wormburger's.
sconf.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 10:35 AM Post #80 of 116
Ah yes, I leg berliner. Where would we be without the dutch? Anyways, one of these days I'm going to sleep.

I mean thanks Peter.

Apr 9, 2003 at 12:01 PM Post #81 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by pod-lover
hey i used to order from stage door
worked at 250 vessey 24fl

ah the good old days
biggrin.gif

!!! Is that 4WFC? I work at 3 WFC, so its like a block and a half walk to the stage door, i love that place, forget fast food.

Apr 9, 2003 at 4:19 PM Post #83 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
Still, much more appetizing than a fecal McBurger
wink.gif

ugghhh...shudder...

well, you may be right, but at least with the Mc Fecal Burger you're recycling ~!!

Apr 9, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #84 of 116
If you crave a burger, why not try a veggieburger?

Morningstar Farms makes great v-burgers, they taste great, they're good for you, plus you don't have to worry about eating fecal matter and getting sick.

Apr 9, 2003 at 4:24 PM Post #86 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by vrao81
If you crave a burger, why not try a veggieburger?

if you're referring to me, I dont crave a burger..
when I eat anything like one, I eat a BocaBurger (it's veggie)

Apr 11, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #87 of 116
big fast food has ONE and ONLY ONE thing in mind. your money. absolutely nothing else matters. always keep that in mind.

A friend recommended I read "Fast Food Nation". i'm gonna recommend it to all you guys even though i haven't gotten to it myself yet. nowadays i'd rather eat something super ultra uber fat that i cooked myself than anything (even salads) from a big chain fast food joint.

but.. i like IN 'n' OUT burger, from my short stay in L.A.. I don't group them with big fast food, but i do have one gripe with them. the damn bible quote numbers on the lower corner of the burger wrapper. What the ****** is that bulls**t! Don't push your religion on me, especially when i'm eating.

Apr 11, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #88 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Mmmmm, you guys need to try an In & Out Burger. I think they are on the west coast only, but their burgers are all made with fresh ingredients. The lettuce is crisp, the tomatoes are red and juicy. Their menu is very simple:

#1 - Double Double (double meat, double cheese)
#2 - Cheeseburger
#3 - Hamburger

Their fries are made from fresh potatos, you actually watch as they slice them.

yeah In-and Out is one of the tastiest freshly made burgers ever, theres one here when you can see them heat teh bread, dry the burgers, melt the cheese, and slice those potatoes all through a huge window during your drive through... too bad the wait here is almost 20-30 minutes for a take out. atleast you can see your food being cooked.
wink.gif
I always ask for liek two packs of thier secret sauce
smily_headphones1.gif

Sentral Dogma,
In-and Out I believe is family based or atleast started out that way and they have thier beliefs; keeping to thier traditions i guess I have no disagreement with it cuz frankly i agree with it ha
smily_headphones1.gif
but yeah don't fret just enjoy the good food
wink.gif

also Arby's was really good too, I haven't tried any here on the west coast, but the one on the east coast was super good; I had the roasted beef sandwich or something, the beef was soo delicioius cooked and so thinly sliced and thier horshradish sauce UMMM yummy

Apr 11, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #90 of 116
Worms, lung meat, cardboard?

THE EFFECT OF CULTURE IN RESPONDING TO COMMERCIAL RUMOURS
Thomas Kobinah and Dick Mizerski
The University of Western Australia

Abstract:
Commercial rumour has continued to defy numerous attempts to prevent its negative impact oncompanies and products. As soon as a negative rumour begins to spread, sales fall drastically.The major battle is not only to recover sales but how to recover consumer confidence before buyers switch loyalty to another brand or products.

etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah

Page 5:
"For example, the McDonalds chain battled contamination rumours that they were using red worms in their hamburgers in the late 1970's. Their sale allegedly fell by 30% in these areaswhere the rumour was circulated (Tybout et al1985, Wilkie 1990 Assael 1995).

No worms. Urban legend. Again, I've never gotten sick from McDonald's. Has anyone here? All I ever remember is that old lady pouring too hot coffee on her leg. And also the Jack in the Box bad meat fiasco back in the 80s(?) But I never remember a bad McDonalds catastrophy. And I must say, I have no idea why I'm defending McDs. Maybe its the French attacking its branches? Wow. What a statement of solidarity
rolleyes.gif
Go eat a eel or stuff food down a goose's throat until it's liver explodes for you damn pate!

I need to take a look at "Fast Food Nation" but it's not difficult to imagine what's in it. Meat processing has always been an ugly affair - ever since Upton Sinclair and the "muckrakers" first looked at it. Is that writer a vegan? I see he also wrote a book about puffing maryjane. That stuff always seems to go hand in hand. God, memories of the long-haired, scraggly hippies on Venice Beach selling "Mc**** tee shirts" and looking like rejects from the Life Extension project. For god's sake people, eat some meat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back