Fastfood place rant
Apr 8, 2003 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
When I go into a fastfood place and buy a burger, it looks old and slapped on together. It looks nothing like the juicy fresh thing they advertise on t.v. Why is that? It's like watching a car commercial for a new car and finding out at the dealer that it's rusted and has a few dents.
Am I wrong here? Why don't they just come out of the closet and admit that they sell unhealthy disgusting looking food and the picture displayed on commercials is only a lie to trick people into coming.

edit: they forgot my damn ketchup and napkins again.
mad.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 116
I would have to agree, ever since looking at the fastfood resturants using microwaves to heat up already cooked meat. it just didnt look right. I think many fastfood chains to serve the many customers.

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 116
Fast food sucks, I never eat that stuff anymore. You're exactly right. The commericals are completely bogus with their crisp lettuce, juicy tomatos, and thick pattys falling into place topped with a nice fresh bun. Bleh. What I get is a squished, dripping, soppy, mess of a burger that tastes like crap. Oh, and their chicken tastes like rubber.
mad.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 116
HAVEN'T EATEN A HAMBURGER SINCE 1975

when i eat fast food i get mcdonalds #7
no it doesn't look like the picture but atleast i know it's chicken
biggrin.gif

i think
frown.gif

also why does the mcdonalds comercial say
for a limeted time
made with 100% beef

what was it made with before
confused.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Fast food sucks, I never eat that stuff anymore. You're exactly right. The commericals are completely bogus with their crisp lettuce, juicy tomatos, and thick pattys falling into place topped with a nice fresh bun. Bleh. What I get is a squished, dripping, soppy, mess of a burger that tastes like crap. Oh, and their chicken tastes like rubber.
mad.gif

All too typical of "BagDad's Baghpipe Burger" (I made up that name) - which refers to the typical dry, gristly, mushy, soggy, utterly craptacular fast-food burger (though some in my area suck less than others).

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 116
Mmmmm, you guys need to try an In & Out Burger. I think they are on the west coast only, but their burgers are all made with fresh ingredients. The lettuce is crisp, the tomatoes are red and juicy. Their menu is very simple:

#1 - Double Double (double meat, double cheese)
#2 - Cheeseburger
#3 - Hamburger

Their fries are made from fresh potatos, you actually watch as they slice them.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:13 AM Post #10 of 116
That place sounds similar to a place called Papa Lou's down here. Everything is made fresh, heck, they've got a big box of unpeeled potatoes out in plain sight. Really good stuff, especially their Buffalo Tenders, yum. But as far as regular fast food, only things I trust are Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich and Burger King's double cheeseburger (and western whopper).

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #11 of 116
I try not to eat fast food much, but being a college student along with the other dozen so \college students on this forum, fast foods are just a way of life. It's convenient when there isn't time to prep/cook food. Not to say I eat it all the time, but here is my list of choices, first being the best.

El Pollo Loco
Subway
Carl's Jr.
Del Taco
KFC
Jack In the Box
McDonald's

p.s. college students...i HIGHLY recommend investing in a george foreman grill. it's THE greatest product to ever come from an infomercial.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 116
do you know the secret of In N Out's menu? They have several options but I guess it's for people in the know. Basically there's the animal style, protein burger, veggie burger, old fashion, flying dutchman (i think), crispy fries, neopolitan shakes, you get the idea. i find it interesting really.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:32 AM Post #13 of 116
I believe tofu is a major ingredient in BigMacs, it makes it cheaper and doesn't affect the taste to badly if it's done right.

Have you ever seen the movie Falling Down? That guy had the same complaint, and pulling out a Tek9 was the only way to get good service.
biggrin.gif

Personally, I only get the Veggie burger from Harvey's (Canada's national treasure). I'm not vegetarian, but it's the only thing that doesn't cause my digestive system regret - and they look pretty good too, with a 1/2" patty, and only the toppings you ask for.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #14 of 116
Coming from a fast food worker (Anyone here ever hear of Culver's?), I can't stand the food. What I haveta say overall: it's good to eat every once in a while, but don't make a diet out of it. Those giant pools of liquid boiling grease don't look too apetizing.

And please speak clearly and loudly and don't give me any lip while you're in drive-thru!

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #15 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by RoninDiesel
p.s. college students...i HIGHLY recommend investing in a george foreman grill. it's THE greatest product to ever come from an infomercial.

biggrin.gif
Those things are awesome.

And, In N' Out rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back