Famous quotes by Patrick82
Jan 21, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #286 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked up the words and still don't get it. I don't have enough endurance to climb up into bell tower.

It's a reference to this:

"Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 – August 1, 1966) is known for ascending The University of Texas at Austin's 27-story tower on August 1, 1966, and shooting passersby in the city and on the campus below, after having killed his mother and his wife the night before. In all Whitman killed 15 people and wounded 31 others before he was shot dead by Austin police."

-- Wikipedia

It's not a very nice reference.
mad.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #288 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about we start a donation for airline ticket to get Patrick for the next International Head-Fi Meet.

If I would get a ticket I would sell it and buy another tweak for my audio system.

I don't know what to do in the International Head-Fi Meet anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first time on any forum I have ever visited that there has been a dedicated thread about a particular member.

All I can say is "good on ya Patrick". If your personality can show through text only, I can just imagine we would be in stitches of laughter if we could hear your words spoken.

Nice 1

I haven't seen anyone laugh at me. Usually I hear some whispering in the background and the sentence has the word "weird" in it. Then when I look at them they turn their heads and pretend they do other things.

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #289 of 309
We would donate air freight insured too for your equipment, power strips[edit] power re-generator, half of your wall (the tweaked part), your broken lamp, and your pneumatic rack. I'm pretty sure many people would love to hear your rig- in all its glory, tweaks and all.

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #293 of 309
Quote:

Did you post the correct link? I don't see what is funny with that thread.

I think, IMO, it's that serenely gleeful look you have on your face inset of "ERS Paper is good!"

Head-fier's want you to be their adopted father--you're well loved here.

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #294 of 309
Quote:

If I would get a ticket I would sell it and buy another tweak for my audio system.

I don't know what to do in the International Head-Fi Meet anyway.

Ah, the first part is so wonderfully in keeping with your prime passion/objective.

As for the second part — why you could meet and greet and generally socialize with and share good will with those Head-Fi members to whom your irrepressible enthusiasm has brought a smile of appreciation so many times. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #295 of 309
If I travel to USA I will get stuck in customs for dangerous goods, even when I'm not wearing anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the first part is so wonderfully in keeping with your prime passion/objective.

As for the second part — why you could meet and greet and generally socialize with and share good will with those Head-Fi members to whom your irrepressible enthusiasm has brought a smile of appreciation so many times. Thanks!

Can I take my soldering iron with me to the meet? I can tweak some stuff there. It's not in that good shape anymore (been busy tweaking), but it still works.

obsessive.audiophiles.soldering.iron.JPG

Valkyrja.GCC100.closeup.JPG

If you want I can take some ERS Paper with me as well and start tweaking everyone's gear.

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #296 of 309
Patrick are you selling equipment to buy more ERS-paper or pay for the paper you already bought?

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #297 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick are you selling equipment to buy more ERS-paper or pay for the paper you already bought?

I have ordered ERS Paper from Partsconnexion (15% discount) but I don't have enough money to pay for it yet. Right after I made the order I found a 50% sale of Magix levitation feet and spent all my money on those.

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #298 of 309
Quote:

I have ordered ERS Paper from Partsconnexion (15% discount) but I don't have enough money to pay for it yet. Right after I made the order I found a 50% sale of Magix levitation feet and spent all my money on those.

You meant ESR paper is more effective than cabling ?

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #299 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You meant ESR paper is more effective than cabling ?

Patrick may already have some of the most expensive/best cabling among Head-Fi members … sheer speculation on my part, with no research for hard proof – but a not unreasonable surmise..

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #300 of 309
please show up at the meet with some cables.. prove to us that it makes a real difference! and also that warm/bassy K1000 of yours.... and maybe your dac too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back