Famous quotes by Patrick82
Jan 4, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #271 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your k1000 drivers HEAT UP THE AIR?

You're listening too loud.

I listen at 60dB volume or less.

In the end of this video you can hear how low the volume is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgsR4TiBwug

My room is cold (too poor), that's why I can feel any subtle warmth. The mouse feels warm too, that's why I keep stroking it and type on keyboard with my left hand. It has improved my stroking accuracy. MX510 feels warmer than MX1000. The keyboard is warm as well since my fingers have been touching it. I can feel it all.

My hearing is the worst of my human senses, that's why I entered this hobby so I can improve it. If I can't hear what people are saying then that's a problem, it's not the volume that does it, it's the resolution. I hear more resolution from K1000 and Valhalla than from real life.

I have a "problem" with lactic acid which comes after a couple seconds, I can feel it. When I used to comb my hair it was a problem, luckily the pins on my comb are now broken so I don't need to do any more fatiguing combing, I don't care how my hair looks like anyway. People make weird grimaces though.
When I walk I need to walk with my legs straight instead of bent, if they are little bent I can feel the lactic acid. I do a kind of rolling walk, but it only works at a certain pace, you know what I mean?
When I walk uphill I also swing my bag.

2004_walkweird.jpg

EDIT: I also have a problem with inconsistent temperature, if it's cold outside I need to make many fast and small steps (about 30-40 cm) to keep the legs warmed up. The walking technique compensates for the temperature. It gives a consistent amount of lactic acid in my quadriceps which gives a good warmth vs fatigue ratio.
If I take longer steps then another part of the fabric (which is colder) of the pants presses towards my quadriceps. With smaller steps the same part of the fabric is touching the skin and the slight friction from the fast steps warms up the leg.

Jan 4, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #272 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I walk I need to walk with my legs straight instead of bent, if they are little bent I can feel the lactic acid. I do a kind of rolling walk, but it only works at a certain pace, you know what I mean?
When I walk uphill I also swing my bag.

2004_walkweird.jpg

EDIT: I also have a problem with inconsistent temperature, if it's cold outside I need to make many fast and small steps (about 30-40 cm) to keep the legs warmed up. The walking technique compensates for the temperature. It gives a consistent amount of lactic acid in my quadriceps which gives a good warmth vs fatigue ratio.
If I take longer steps then another part of the fabric (which is colder) of the pants presses towards my quadriceps. With smaller steps the same part of the fabric is touching the skin and the slight friction from the fast steps warms up the leg.

John Cleese from the ministry of silly walks might help you in your attempt to create a groundbreaking new and useful silly walk, but I guess your walk is still not silly enough and funding is short nowadays.

Edit: I've just found a silly walk generator.
That's not as good as a personal human silly walk instructor, but better than nothing.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #273 of 309
Lactic acid after a few seconds? Patrick wins the "Most Lethargic Head-Fi'er" award.

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #275 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that suspects there's a sniper rifle in that case, and he's goosestepping his way to a bell tower.

Thanks, that made me laugh! A lot.

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #278 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it.

and you say you watched alot of movies...very dissapointed.

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #279 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and you say you watched alot of movies...very dissapointed.

He gets it. Don't feed him anymore.
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #280 of 309
I'm... uh... I'm just gonna keep tabs on this thread from now on (after reading through all 14 pages of it, I can safely conclude it was worth every moment, and then some).

Edit: After a bit of thinking, Patrick just might be better than all of us. He seems more detached from society and its conformities and social pressures than the average person. With that weight off his shoulders, he is free to pursue his desires, without society dictating what's right and wrong. In other words, he's more efficient in life than most, because he hasn't been brainwashed by society. He's closer to true human nature than any of us.

Just a theory.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #281 of 309
Wow. This thread has really taken off. I think I posted one of Patrick's many great quotes on page 1. He certainly is an interesting guy. One thing I can definitely say about Patrick is that he has, without question, made the Valhalla cable #1 on my list of cables that I most want to audition.
580smile.gif
(we need a Valhalla smiley; he would love that).

Jan 7, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #282 of 309
Patrick sounds like an interesting fella. I just saw a few of his videos. What is the deal with the shocks on his system? What are those for? How about the paper? Is the paper a type of cooling device?

Jan 7, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #283 of 309
This is the first time on any forum I have ever visited that there has been a dedicated thread about a particular member.

All I can say is "good on ya Patrick". If your personality can show through text only, I can just imagine we would be in stitches of laughter if we could hear your words spoken.

Nice 1

Jan 20, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #285 of 309

Users who are viewing this thread

Back