Fall Season Premiers... What are you hooked on?
Sep 27, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 49
Alias. So many more shows that I'd love to watch, but I don't have the time.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #20 of 49
What's wrong with downloading public broadcast tv shows?

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
What's wrong with downloading public broadcast tv shows?

Nothing yet, but there's rumours of lawsuits. I find it better to stay on the safe side, at least in a public forum.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #22 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
You've never been to vancouver in winter, have you? It's like seattle, only less cheerful...

LOL, but wouldn't you want to watch TV more during the rainy season?

I wonder if the productions are exactly one year ahead or something?

-Ed

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #23 of 49
I'm presently hooked on ROME, FAMILY GUY, and THE OFFICE ( U.S. version ) and I'm going to give MY NAME IS EARL a chance as the first episode had it's moments. Looking forward to THE SOPRANOS, DEADWOOD, AND hopefully CARNIVALE coming back. THE SIMPSONS has been disappointing so far.

EDIT: Just noticed EyeAmEye posted that Carnivale's been dropped. Bummer.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #25 of 49
I checked out E-Ring and didn't really care for the first episode. Too much political, chain of command stuff. It looks like the next episode looks the same, where they "go through alternate channels" to get something done. It is like a cross between Sum of All Fears and Behind Enemy Lines. Both were decent movies, but I don't think I want to see that every week.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am bummed that Scrubs isn't on yet. I didn't like The Office and can not believe it got renewed.

I am going to check out Commander in Chief tomorrow.

I like NCIS even though it is a little far fetched.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #26 of 49
Sunday -
"Cold Case" (CBS) - probably the best drama on regular broadcast TV, imo.
"Desparate Housewives" (ABC) - face it guys, we only watch this hoping for a nip-slip, or at least Eva Langoria in lingerie - otherwise it sucks.

Tuesday -
"Bones" (FOX) - surprisingly good, not as cookie-cutter as you'd expect.
"Boston Legal" (ABC) - premieres this week, but I love when Bill Shatner says "Denny Crane!". He & James Spader crack me up.

Wednesday -
"Lost" (ABC) - started off hot, and this week looks to be even hotter. hope they can keep it up.

Thursday -
"Alias" (ABC) - premieres this week also, but has to contend with a new day/timeslot, and stiff competition. we'll see how the baby has affected Sydney Bristow - my guess is that it won't be good, and this will be the last season, or at least for me.

Friday -
"Threshold (CBS) - so far, so good. And I love Carla Cugino.

Thank God for my VCR, as I am not home each night to watch these on their respective nights. It's great being able to fast-forward thru commercials later! I bet TiVo rocks!

I only have basic cable now, so I don't get the F/X channel any more - I used to love "Nip-Tuck" and "Rescue Me" - two superb shows that I'll have to rent on DVD when there latest seasons come out.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #27 of 49
I am a big Monk fan, but it has an odd shooting schedule as it's in the offseason right now. I think they have 2 mini seasons within the year instead of 1 regular season. At any rate, I think this show should be on network television to reach a wider audience, and not on the Friday death slot.

Caught part of the season premiere of Nip/Tuck on FX and there was a scene involving 3 people (you guess what was happening) and Feist's cover of the Bee-Gees "Inside and Out" was playing. Good stuff.
tongue.gif

Edit: I also caught this really terrible series premiere of a show called "Just Legal" on the WB (big surprise). It's sort of a lawyer version of Doogie Howser, MD with Crockett from Miami Vice and some kid. Awful. I guarantee it will be canceled within the first season.

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I'm presently hooked on ROME, FAMILY GUY, and THE OFFICE ( U.S. version ) and I'm going to give I'M EARL a chance as the first episode had it's moments. Looking forward to THE SOPRANOS, DEADWOOD, AND hopefully CARNIVALE coming back. THE SIMPSONS has been disappointing so far.

EDIT: Just noticed EyeAmEye posted that Carnivale's been dropped. Bummer.

Rome looked pretty good, how is it?? Is the CGI over-done??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back