Fall Season Premiers... What are you hooked on?
Sep 26, 2005 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
I will be the first man to admit that my wife has me hooked on Desperate Housewives. We watched it last night and I have to say it's a pretty good show. I got into it about the 3/4 of the way through last season and have been digging it ever since.

We also watched Extreme Home Makeover on ABC which is always great but was awesome last night as they did one for a returned solder who lost a limb in Iraq. It was so nice to see some positive recognition in the "main stream" for the sacrifice these men and women are making.

CSI (Las Vegas) and 24 (which won't start until Jan!) are probably my absolute favorites and other than that it's Seinfeld re-runs on TBS.

So what shows are you into this fall? Any new ones worth checking out?

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 49
Smallville. Give me some more of those teenage soap operas LOL

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 49
Woohoo for being too cheap to have even basic cable...but if I still watched TV (great habbit to kick if you want to save money), I would be looking forward to House, CSI, and maybe 24. I was a fan of the earlier seasons of ER, but the more recent ones had turned me off from them, and most of the other shows don't realy look very good to me (probably a subconcious justification for the lack of cable
icon10.gif
).

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 49
I'll hang on to my Family Guy and Seinfeld religiously until the new seasons of 24 and The Sopranos come out.

Oh, and American Chopper is a neat show to watch as well.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 49
E-Ring, 7th Heaven, Everwood, so far. CSI sounds pretty interesting too.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 49
24, Alias, Lost, E-Ring (I'm giving it a few episodes). I draw the line a Desperate Housewives although my wife has me to watching Grey's Anatomy.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 49
I missed the Pilot of E-Ring, so I'm currently down... um, having someone describe it to me. Sounds marvelous.

I have yet to see Bones, but it looked decent. Perhaps I should find someone else to describe it
biggrin.gif

Other than that, Prison Break. Seen every episode so far. Love it. (new one tonight, w00t!)

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #10 of 49
Waaaaah!

What is up with Vancouver based SciFi productions?

Stargate SG-1, SG Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica, they all take a break from September till January.

Is there some kind of mandatory Canadian holiday or something that prevents them from filming for a 3 month period?

-Ed

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 49
crap, I didn't even realize it was the new season. I guess the new episodes of family guy should've alerted me.
tongue.gif
The only things I really watch on tv is sc-fi fridays and comedy central stuff, but the former just ended . . .

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #12 of 49
Lost, Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and TOH (whenever it starts).

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Waaaaah!

What is up with Vancouver based SciFi productions?

Stargate SG-1, SG Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica, they all take a break from September till January.

Is there some kind of mandatory Canadian holiday or something that prevents them from filming for a 3 month period?

-Ed

You've never been to vancouver in winter, have you? It's like seattle, only less cheerful...

Sep 27, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #15 of 49
I'm a big "West Wing" fan...Looking forward to "E-Ring"...Very disappointed with "ER" recently...Love "Real Time With Bill Maher" on HBO...My guilty pleasure is "Survivor."

Edit: Forgot about "House"...what a great show! I'm already missing "Third Watch" and "NYPD Blue."
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back