Fake Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10?
Aug 26, 2010 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Endless

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi!

While browsing craigslist, i came upon these set of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10, new in the box. 

Based on the pictures I've provided, are these IEM's real? I havn't seen a lot of threads on these forums debating the legitimacy of genuine Ultimate Ears, but I don't want to be the first to get fake ones. If there are doubts, what other pictures should I ask for? 

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 13
The pics are crappy, so I couldn't really say.  Chances are this was a spare set the guy picked up during the $99 deal last x-mas or the slew of cheap ones for the few months after when the going rate was $150 and under.  It may just be a spare he's getting rid of.  You might opt to have him take better pictures.  There's nothing specific that screams fake though.  I can't say I've really seen many fakes going around anyways.

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 13
I really doubt that they are fake.  You can try contacting the seller and asking him where he got them from.  The black box triple.fi 10's are just an alternate budget box that ultimate ears uses, especially for sales like the Amazon one where they needed to ship out a large quantity of earphones.  You just wouldn't see them in stores because they're not exactly sealed and it would be too easy to just open up the box and take the contents.  There have been many threads covering the black box tf10's, they are genuine for sure.
As for fake tf10's, the general opinion a year ago was that there weren't any fakes.  That might have changed now, but either way it still doesn't seem like a great business opportunity.  You can check out this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/459150/is-there-fake-triple-fi-10-pro

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 13
i've also done research on this, ive actually specifically looked to try and find possible fakes but couldnt.  I think your safe.  price drops are due to recent black friday sale as you all know im sure. 

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 13
I also haven't heard of UE having any fakes out there.
Would of been extremely helpful if u had listed their asking price...

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I also haven't heard of UE having any fakes out there.
Would of been extremely helpful if u had listed their asking price...

from accounts from chinese head-fier's,fakes do exist,just haven';t made it to the states yet (single dynamic diver in identical housing)

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 13
single dynamic diver? xd never heard of those.

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #11 of 13
TF10 fakes? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #12 of 13
Possible but don't worry it about it

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #13 of 13
OP here.

I'd like to let this thread die. The TF's are real, been enjoying them for months now. Pretty sure it was just a seller who wanted to make a quick buck by reselling extra triple fi's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back