Fake Sennheiser Momentums?
Nov 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #61 of 156
  Heck of a way to make a first post, but I suspect mine is a fake also. I'm not 100% convinced, but some of the signs are there. I have the brown set and my headband smell like leather and the stitching is straight and even. My Sennheiser badges don't look plastic or oily.Being brown, my cords are black and I think that's correct. However the slots are somewhat sharp and the radiuses at the ends aren't perfect. They're not as bad as what is pictured though. I also didn't get the correct cords as they have cheap looking plugs that are somewhat shiny and the one that changes angle isn't there at all, nor is the 1/4 inch adapter. At least I think it's supposed to have one. My box isn't ready to fall apart (yet) and the lash is black, not red as was posted that it should be. Also there was no warranty card if it came with one. Mine sound good to me but I have nothing to compare them to. This is actually my first set of good headphones in 60 years. As I said, I'm not 100% sure so I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I think the original poster, Nick123194, bought from the same seller as I did. The seller was distributors 7865. I received a message from ebay stating that they have removed the listing and I didn't have to pay and gave a list of possible reasons. Trouble with that was it came two weeks too late. I started searching and came to this post. Does it sound like I've been taken also? And Nick123194, is that the same seller? If so, that'll remove any doubt I have.

Hey Bill, The seller you bought the headphones was different, but I can bet 99% that the listing of the headphones was the exact same. I saw the headphones re listed after I bought them from a different seller for $ 209.5

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #64 of 156
  It does, not everyone is an educated buyer and some fall pretty easy for those "excellent" deals. Sennheiser image is affected by fakes like any brand name out there. 

Well, if someone bought a Gucci bag at a 60% discount from a random guy on the streets of NYC and blamed Gucci for the fake/bad quality - I wouldn't want them as my customer anyway. Common sense.

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #65 of 156
The Momentum is not the typical knock off. Normally, its the cheap looking products that get knocked off, like iems. I've never heard of the HD25-1ii, HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800 having creditable knock offs. There are a lot of smart buyers out there who know which products are faked and which aren't. Its not horrible to buy off of ebay either now, with their buyer protection program. Personally, I saw a good deal on the Momentums and tried it out. I wasted a little time and got my first fake product...ever. 

Let's not characterize anyone who buys on ebay as stupid nor anyone who sells on ebay a scammer. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #66 of 156
  The Momentum is not the typical knock off. Normally, its the cheap looking products that get knocked off, like iems. I've never heard of the HD25-1ii, HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800 having creditable knock offs. There are a lot of smart buyers out there who know which products are faked and which aren't. Its not horrible to buy off of ebay either now, with their buyer protection program. Personally, I saw a good deal on the Momentums and tried it out. I wasted a little time and got my first fake product...ever. 

Let's not characterize anyone who buys on ebay as stupid nor anyone who sells on ebay a scammer. 

I'm not calling anyone who buys on Ebay stupid, but if you see a $300+ dollar headphone at $200 being sold by random dude John Smith, you should probably have a red flag going off. Sure, you can snag good deals on Ebay. Absolutely. However, that is a gamble. You can make the same gambles on Amazon with marketplace sellers. The risk is you might get a fake because you didn't want to pay the normal price. Understandable - but this is not the manufacturers fault.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #68 of 156
Yep, definitely. I have long wanted to buy the Momentums but I have been turned off by their high MSRP and street price. I think some of the blame lies with Beats which is why the Momentum has similar pricing. Then again, maybe Sennheiser is just pricing them that high because they can or they want to. That would be the manufacturer's fault :p

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #69 of 156
Make no mistake: Those who buy Gucci at 60% off know they're buying fakes and they do for the sake of looks. Headphones on the contrary are bought for the sound (arguable) and people buying them are been scammed. 

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #70 of 156
  Make no mistake: Those who buy Gucci at 60% off know they're buying fakes and they do for the sake of looks. Headphones on the contrary are bought for the sound (arguable) and people buying them are been scammed. 

This is very true. headphones have more or less became a fashion accessory. i have read reviews on lets say beats by dre knock offs. people going on about how they ''look'' like the real thing...people dont even mind they dont sound the part..not to mention i personally dont think beats sound all that great to begin with, but thats here nor there....but yeah more or less headphones are becoming more and more of a fashion statement. and thats fine, people can have their own reasoning.

I definitly think that ebay needs to screen people better on their products they are selling, some people dont know better and even if they buy a knock off they may not know what to look for. i mean people making knock offs are getting better and better and better...this should not be tolerated at all by ebay.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #71 of 156
  It does, not everyone is an educated buyer and some fall pretty easy for those "excellent" deals. Sennheiser image is affected by fakes like any brand name out there.

No it probably won't in fact I bet it won't... cause you know what they make fake Gibson Les Pauls in china and sell them for $300 or less... has no effect whatsoever.

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #72 of 156
I filed my claim with ebay and got a response from the seller. He offered a 50% refund. I turned him down even though I was tempted. If I had accepted, he would still have made money off my stupidity and I'd be condoning the selling of fake items to unsuspecting "marks" like myself. Besides, I thought they were real and that's what I want. Never in my wildest dreams did I think someone was counterfeiting headphones of all things. But after thinking about it, why wouldn't they. They fake everything else. I'm sure counterfeits will hurt Sennheiser or any other legitimate manufacturer, but to what extent is anybody's guess.  And I'm sure there will be a lot of disappointed people when they find out the Sennheisers and Bose and whatever other brands they purchased are fakes and there is nothing they can do about it. I know I'd be upset. I also know that as soon as my little ordeal is over, I'll order a set directly from Sennheiser. I think I've finally learned that if a deal looks too good to be true, I should run the other way.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #74 of 156

Wow, that's just plain wrong! So the unscrupulous seller could offer a substantial refund (I paid $204 and thought I was getting a heck of a deal) if you kept the phones and still make money! The only way to hurt him is to demand a full refund. Then he's out shipping. The only way you can be sure would be to either buy direct from Sennheiser or from and authorized dealer. I also notice that not just Sennheiser is affected. I searched for Bose QC15's and they were there also. I'm sure just about any are. Scary.

With that site, I saw Grado, Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser IE8,IE80, Bose qc series,Bose Sie2i,Klipsch x10, s4i, Monster Inspiration, Pioneer HDJ 1000,2000, even V-Moda Crossafade LP. and a HELL LOT MORE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back