Fake Sennheiser MM50 IP's on eBay?
Mar 31, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 24
Thanks all. Walkingman, I ended up ordering the NuForce on your recommendation. Look forward to getting them.

The seller did agree to take the return, no questions asked, so I am hopeful for a refund. Sent them back today. If anyone has any legit MM50 IP's, I'm still kind of curious to see if they have that gap on the earbud casings.

At any rate thanks all, for your help. Looking forward to hearing the NuForce's, sure hope they sound better than those (probably fake) MM50's!

BDP

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #17 of 24
Can I please step in and make few comments. Having set up fakeheadphones, and having a bit of experience of fakes, can I make a few statements. I hope I don't offend, but I'm firm in what I believe, and I don't like to see anyone getting ripped off.
Quote:

They cost like £20 in the UK, so the price isn't totally suspicious.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...9150638&sr=1-1

Wrong move! If you look at the sellers, Amazon is not among them (at the time of making this post). There are no sellers there that I'd want to buy these from. When it comes to buying Senn earphones, I only trust Amazon, Amazon Warehouse Deals, or Amazon Jersey (I Live in the UK)!!

Why I think these are real:

1) The ear buds look legit

2) the 'V' Grove in the silver driver casing looks real as well. over the few fake Sennheiser CX examples I have, none of them pay much detail to.... such details.

3) the logo and 'R' looks more silvery than white.

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 24
Honestly I gotta say I am happy I got rid of them anyway.

I got the NuForce suggested earlier in the thread and I could not be happier. Such a better sound to them.

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong move! If you look at the sellers, Amazon is not among them (at the time of making this post). There are no sellers there that I'd want to buy these from. When it comes to buying Senn earphones, I only trust Amazon, Amazon Warehouse Deals, or Amazon Jersey (I Live in the UK)!!

At the time of my post, the MM50iP were available for £20 from Amazon UK (not market seller - I made sure as I share the same thinking as you). Seems like it was a limited offer.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #21 of 24
Dude, mm50 is cx300 with mic, and do u know what that means?
It means they sound as bad as cx300.

May 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #22 of 24
the seller is not on ebay any more

since one broke(button stoped working)
and an ather one sometimes falls apart ( at the gap between teh silver part and the black as mentioned above) i consider them fake.

I trust the trademark sennheiser more than a seller that is not registered any more on ebay

but on the other hand for 15€
as long as they work it is not a bad price

I learned my lesson

May 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #23 of 24
I bought the original and there are feelable and seeabel differences but they are very tiny

The cable of the original feels harder so your fingers glide better on it

the smallest rubber earbuds ar bigger (=longer, that means in a cylinder it is the height) in the original

the silver ring around the phones is less thick in the original (also the height if you see it as a cylinder) This is the most obvious one because it is not relative, It is an absolute mesurable height.

There is an small border inside the ring that devides it in two parts
a smaler one and a bigger one

in the fake the bigger one is more or les 2.5 times bigger than the smaler part

in the original the biger part (from the border to the roundedge) is only 1.9 times bigger than the smaller part of the ring.

the logo on the back of the phones is bigger in the original

the mic/button thing does glare a little more in the original (very slightly)

the edge of the original rubber on the 3,5mm-jack is quite beutifully cut, in a 90 degre cut (it is not perfect because it is still melted and than hardened plastic)

the fake has a much lousier cut wich is not 90 degre and apears to be gradual

The last cable to the phones is thinner in the original

Ok i wil try to complete this post any time this week

with pictures and more details

BTW i have 4 times the fake phones at home now

so if anyone wants to have a set
i would send it to him happyly

even for free if you can convince me that you can do something good with them
and if the postal costs are reasonabel

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #24 of 24
hi if u want to know anywhere if MM50 ip are real then u can see it on the pack itself if it does not say 2 year warranty then they are fake u can see it on the pack on the bottom right hand side were it says the warranty section. you can click this link and see the difference http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-f0f47cc64335665440b0112ab7559b5f.htm the one on the right hand side is original and the left is fake. The right hand side one has the 2 year warranty sticker and the one on the left does not have it.. and rest u can feel the difference when u hear it.. and if u know other way to identify then let us know it will help save our time and money ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back