Fake Senheiser IE800?
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #61 of 454
  Do you happen to have photos? Would be very interesting to see. 

I had them exchanged because of a cable hardening, but in my review, I used the old ones, which had the glossy case.

I hope that the photos in there are detailed enough to understand what I mean. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie800/reviews/13293

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #64 of 454
am seeing a number of these on ebay recently...the seller(s) from china and/or korea have only a few good evaluations, so is 'new' i guess.
dunno...but i'm always wary of buying from korean or chinese vendors when their ratings are low or new, based on alot of fraudulent activities on ebay, esp from those two countries.
any thoughts?

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #67 of 454
I've never listened to a Sennheiser ie80 or an ie800 but I did buy one of the DIY ie80s from China and it sounds amazing.

I'm just sayin'..... The model I bought is in a generic box and the shape is identical to a Senny ie80 but it doesn't have the Senny logo on the shells. I see nothing wrong when we are not deceived into thinking we are buying a Sennheiser.

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #68 of 454
I've never listened to a Sennheiser ie80 or an ie800 but I did buy one of the DIY ie80s from China and it sounds amazing.

I'm just sayin'..... The model I bought is in a generic box and the shape is identical to a Senny ie80 but it doesn't have the Senny logo on the shells. I see nothing wrong when we are not deceived into thinking we are buying a Sennheiser.

All is wrong. It is wrong to steal the face of a IEM of headphone, as Senn might have it patented for them. Also, if you bought ie80 fake, you do not have the bass knob, or it does not work. 

Another this is that you should not say that it is great until you listen to a genuine ie80 to see if it is really good when it stands next to the original. (I have ie8 
biggrin.gif
)

All in all as long as you feel you have got a good price/value ratio all is good, but they are still stealing something from sennheiser, even if it is only the outer design. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #69 of 454
All is wrong. It is wrong to steal the face of a IEM of headphone, as Senn might have it patented for them. Also, if you bought ie80 fake, you do not have the bass knob, or it does not work. 

Another this is that you should not say that it is great until you listen to a genuine ie80 to see if it is really good when it stands next to the original. (I have ie8 :D )

All in all as long as you feel you have got a good price/value ratio all is good, but they are still stealing something from sennheiser, even if it is only the outer design. 

I wholeheartedly disagree with you but am not here to debate design philosophy and copyright/trademark law. I can say that if we were to debate, you would lose.

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #70 of 454
I wholeheartedly disagree with you but am not here to debate design philosophy and copyright/trademark law. I can say that if we were to debate, you would lose.

Stealing something is still sealing. It does not matter if it is only the design. If you think that you disagree, it is because you never created something to care about. 

Think about your while money coming from something you made, then someone stealing a part of that thing, halving your income, that is a crime, my friend. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #71 of 454
  Stealing something is still sealing. It does not matter if it is only the design. If you think that you disagree, it is because you never created something to care about. 

Think about your while money coming from something you made, then someone stealing a part of that thing, halving your income, that is a crime, my friend. 

totally agree with  you, dobrescu!
but there are alot of people who unfortunately don't give a crap, and instead
parade around with fake knockoffs for 'status' of name brands that
the real company gets ripped off on (amndwho has worked hard to get to where they are with their own
R&D, marketing efforts, etc) 

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #72 of 454

I have created plenty to care about. Live on in your utopian dream world.
I am insubscribing from this thread to keep from seeing your posts.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #73 of 454
I have created plenty to care about. Live on in your utopian dream world.
I am insubscribing from this thread to keep from seeing your posts.

We are not living in an utopian world, but turning a blind eye and letting pass all those people who steal something means not making the world better, as I see it, if every one of us were to take a little action, it would never become perfect, but better
biggrin.gif

I am completely against steal of property, being it image, design, knowledge, and any other type. It would be very simple to take something you see, reproduce it using other materials, make it look like the original, then sell at half the price. But doing this means halting the advancement by halting the resources the people actually working towards new things get. If you will ever see my point, you will never get Sennheiser to make better ie80 if you are buying cheap knock-offs, because them not making money off their own means not producing them anymore. 

If the original does not advance, the replicas do not advance, so the best resolution is that there should never exist cheap replicas, to speed up the research and selling rate of the originals, given that the originals producing company cares about researching a new version, better products. 

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #74 of 454
Just got some new IE800's of Ebay from someone in the UK (I'm in the UK). They came in a sealed box and I can't find any obvious build quality issues, ie issues I've seen from photos on the web etc.
However, I'm not used to using ultra high end IEM's and I'm not fully sure about the sound. I've been using UE Triple fi 10's for over 5 years so have got very accustomed to their sound (paired with Sony NWZ X1060B X). I've also just changed to FiiO X7 with the IE800's.

On the same volume setting, the IE800's are notably quieter - is this right ?

The IE800''s have a 'cleaner' but less 'weighty' sound with better instrument separation. There seems to be more general colouration on the Triple fi's, which is I guess why I liked them in the first place, as when I first got them they sounded far better than my previous earphones (Sony, that cost around £50).

My problem may be that I'm so used to the Triple fi's sound, it may be a case of me needing to 'get used' to the IE800's, or is it more that the IE800's are simply not real IE800's !

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #75 of 454
  Just got some new IE800's of Ebay from someone in the UK (I'm in the UK). They came in a sealed box and I can't find any obvious build quality issues, ie issues I've seen from photos on the web etc.
However, I'm not used to using ultra high end IEM's and I'm not fully sure about the sound. I've been using UE Triple fi 10's for over 5 years so have got very accustomed to their sound (paired with Sony NWZ X1060B X). I've also just changed to FiiO X7 with the IE800's.

On the same volume setting, the IE800's are notably quieter - is this right ?

The IE800''s have a 'cleaner' but less 'weighty' sound with better instrument separation. There seems to be more general colouration on the Triple fi's, which is I guess why I liked them in the first place, as when I first got them they sounded far better than my previous earphones (Sony, that cost around £50).

My problem may be that I'm so used to the Triple fi's sound, it may be a case of me needing to 'get used' to the IE800's, or is it more that the IE800's are simply not real IE800's !

Thanks.

The problem is you will never know, well not entirely.

This is why you should by Senneshier products from authorised sellers only. If not to assure they're genuine but to eliminate the "what if" "are the fake?" "they sound kind of real" from your mind entirely. We cannot hear what you can, nore the other way round. The only way you will tell (and even maybe at that) is by A/Bing with a pair you know are 100% genuine. 

The frauds have the appearance almost down pat, and if they are fake how do we know your fake isn't from another fake batch that sounds different again? 

You can see where I'm heading with this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back