Fake Joe Grados?
Aug 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #32 of 44
They're SR200's with HP1000 drivers.  I sold one, and a local head-fier is borrowing the other.  I may send it to Tyll at Innerfidelity for measuring before selling it.  Would be interesting to see how the different enclosure affects the measured response of the same driver. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #33 of 44
Hey I was the bidder for these. And got sniped in the last 4 seconds by $25 
triportsad.gif

Quote:
These went for a pretty penny!

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #34 of 44
i guess you're referring to rhythm's sr-200s.  i always get sniped at the last second too.  my hp-1000s were listed at a "buy now" price, which is probably why i was able to get 'em. 

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #36 of 44

Quote:
Hey I was the bidder for these. And got sniped in the last 4 seconds by $25 
triportsad.gif

Sorry to hear about that, their will be a pair of Head-Fi cheaper than those. Ebay prices are tooo high

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #37 of 44
People use auction sniping tool on Ebay so the higher bids always beat you in the last seconds.
$1600 was kind of the going rate a few years ago for a pair that are in good condition. It seems too high now when most people are worse off financially.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #39 of 44
There are ways to stop sniping. If you bid within the last 5 minute of an auction in Audiogon, it automatically goes into overtime. The auction is extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 5 minutes.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #41 of 44
hee hee.  nope.  totally different breed of cat.  to be honest, i've been out of town for work the last week and a half, and probably won't be home for another week and a half.  the ps-1000s are fun phones - while the hp-2 are definitely neutral all the way, but with weight and depth if that makes any sense.  that is, not "tinny" or sterile analytic.  i have the jh-13 iems, which are, for now, more musical sounding, but this is an unfair comparison for obvious reasons - the hp-2 and jh-13 are two completely different phones, and again, i just haven't spent enough time with the hp-2 to get used to them or burn them in (because i do think that they only really do have about 20 hours on them total).  

so, for now, the ps-1000 are still my "turn to" phones.  weight, great clear bass and great snap (perfect example - drum solos, like in the allman brothers' mountain jam from live at fillmore east).  that said, i haven't really spent quality time with my hp-2s, or experimented with ss vs. tube or switching out various tubes, so that may well change in the near future.  what's cool about my headphone collection is that they're different enough so that every so often, when i get in the mood to have a radical change in sound, i can do so.  although i've been out of the country a lot since april, i would say that i'm still in my ps1000 mode, but right before i left, i was hd800 happy.  i'm sure that's gonna happen again (the hd800s are very special cans too, at least for me), and i'm willing to bet - again - that this is going to happen with my hp-2's as well.

meanwhile, i'm looking at the pelican case (one head-fi'er recommended the 1080 model) - to safekeep my hp-2, but i'm wondering - i can order the foam insert and have it laser cut to fit the hp-2 for a couple of dollars extra - so, does anyone have the EXACT size dimensions of the hp-2s?   i know that the headband is the variable, but i think mine is basically the same as when it was first manufactured.  (i think i'll post this question as a separate thread as well)....

i'll let you know more regarding the hp-2 when i get back home for sure!

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #42 of 44
You need to do a template (on paper) and send it to the shop for the foam to be cut.
I do have a few original HP1000 box that are being shipped with the rest of my furniture from Californa. They will be with me in a couple of weeks' time. I can do a template based on the original foam cut out and send it to you ( if you don't mind waiting a few weeks). If someone else has the box, they can do it for you too. All you need to do is put a piece of tracing paper(or any thin paper) on the foam insert and trace off the out line of the cut out.
I had an RS1 wooden box with the foam missing. I did a template from another wooden box and send it to shop along with  a piece of green velvet. They stuck the material down on the foam before they cut it. The result is not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back