Fake ER-4Ps?
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PaganRuler

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Just bought some ER-4P from eBay for £100. Genuine guy by the look of it. 

So I took my ear skin cutting B&W C5s to the shop for a refund and he was warning me against all the fake Etys on eBay.

Now, I hadn't thought about this but suddenly became paranoid as there was a sticker from China on the side of the box - and maybe I became overly concerned. 

Is there anyway to identify if they are real or fake?

Thanks
Paul.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 8
I've never heard of a fake ER4P.  How does it sound?

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 8
They sound pretty good to be honest. I found it hard to figure out what was left and right at first.

Only one side has an L on. No colour dots or anything.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.861585,-0.136422

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 8
Contact Etymotic and ask if the vendor is an authorized reseller. If not, you may want to send them photos pointing out concerns, that to you, may indicate they're fake. I own ER4P and I've never heard of any fakes. Also if you did buy them from the dealer linked to in post #4 I wouldn't worry, no one is going to go to the trouble to fake the whole kit as pictured in the listing.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 8
It's is the full on kit, box, papers etc.

They are bet so trebly at times. Think it's the headphones or would it be my lower end encoded music that's the issue? Some tracks are unbearable to listen to.

I know they not bass heavy but this is crazy!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.861837,-0.136055

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 8
Ety is always bright, maybe it is the OP that can't handle the brightness? AFAIK, there is an imitation out there from an small Chinese custom maker using the same driver, but the look is quite different. As far as fake, I have never actually seen one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back