Fake/counterfeit D2000?
May 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nous

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Denon D2000's off ebay. I haven't received them in the mail yet but I'm slightly paranoid about receiving a counterfeit pair. The seller (pace306) had a very high positive rating (including positive ratings from other who bought the d2000s) but I still worry. Are there any tell-tale signs on the d2000s that indicate they are fakes? Thanks.  

May 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
I didn't realize that was an option. Thanks!

That what im hear here for nous
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Please let us know by the time you will receive it. I'm considering the buy from him, too. :)

I received the headphones and they are definitely real. Unfortunately, one of the screws connecting the right cup to the headband was broken when I received the item :frowning2:. I don't think this is the seller's fault though. Denon's headphones are known to have weak, crappy little screws holding the cups in place (I'd tell you not to buy them, but these headphones sound so good!). Regardless, I do recommend the seller. He offered to refund them, but I'm going to try to get them repaired first. 

May 18, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 10
I bought the same headphones off the same seller. Same thing happoned to mine after a few weeks. I dont think that it's the seller's fault eighter those screws look very fragile and are supposed to hold the whole cup in place.

The annoying part for me atleast came later. When I tried to get spare parts (screws) for repair from denon they told me that they do not supply them for people who bought them outside of the country. It appears they want to force all of us to buy the headphones at the local retailer's where the price is and I kid you not twice as high as in the USA. Apparently there are good and bad clients in the eyes of denon or at least the company that handles the import business for them. The good kind being the ones that gladly pay twice as much as other people.

May 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 10
I know this issue is common enough to have been posted around the net but I wonder if the seller you guys bought them from got himself a bad batch.  I dunno it just strikes me as odd that both of you ended up with a bad set.

I bought a set about two months ago from a different seller and use them daily for multiple hours and haven't had any issues yet (*knock on wood*) so I guess I've been lucky,  There was a thread on here where someone fixed them using screws from Ace hardware (I believe).  I'm sure you can find the thread with a little digging. 

Quote:
I bought the same headphones off the same seller. Same thing happoned to mine after a few weeks. I dont think that it's the seller's fault eighter those screws look very fragile and are supposed to hold the whole cup in place.

The annoying part for me atleast came later. When I tried to get spare parts (screws) for repair from denon they told me that they do not supply them for people who bought them outside of the country. It appears they want to force all of us to buy the headphones at the local retailer's where the price is and I kid you not twice as high as in the USA. Apparently there are good and bad clients in the eyes of denon or at least the company that handles the import business for them. The good kind being the ones that gladly pay twice as much as other people.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
I received the headphones and they are definitely real. Unfortunately, one of the screws connecting the right cup to the headband was broken when I received the item :frowning2:. I don't think this is the seller's fault though. Denon's headphones are known to have weak, crappy little screws holding the cups in place (I'd tell you not to buy them, but these headphones sound so good!). Regardless, I do recommend the seller. He offered to refund them, but I'm going to try to get them repaired first. 

Did you call Denon up and told them the V/N? Where is that located? (what does it even stand for, I'm assuming it's like a serial number)

edit: I called up Denon USA, and they told me they don't put serial numbers on their headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back