Fabs-fabulous earphones® Review - fabulously balanced custom IEMs
Aug 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #32 of 39
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
Thanks!

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #33 of 39

Quote:
Dammit! The exchange rates are killing me, frigging weak dollar! $780 at time of posting WHY!?! I'm in the US would I have to pay VAT? how does that work...
Thanks!

You don't pay VAT.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #34 of 39
You're my hero, I think these will be my first customs!, 

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #36 of 39
Yes.
These are it, these will be my first custom's, I need to bug Claus about the logic of Stainless steel shells (I've been told molds only last 5-7 years before your ear changes become troublesome and you'll have to get new molds, any input?, $1000+ for the shells is worth it, if I get an extreme discount when I need them redone) but for starters, I might go with black w/ black westone cables (any thoughts on this? I was thinking of TWAG cu cables if they really are pure copper, I hate silver) and if they are what I'm looking for I'll go stainless when available. Unfortunately, the rest of this year I have to pay off a CD player ($1,300 left on $2,400) and a SACD player ($1,400 left on $1,500) both used. But I will probably send them a non refundable deposit, to "lock" myself in so I don't forget.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #37 of 39
The stainless steel shells are extravagant IMO and talking with Claus don't change the sound, but they would be awesome!  Let us know what Claus says about discounts if they need to be redone.

As far as cables, I do really like the black Westone style cable, although the TWag cable I have is very nice!  Between the two I would think the Whiplash cable has better long term durability.

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 39

Quote:
It's going to take me a lot to get over such a bad brand name to consider these. Nice write up though.

Thanks.  And its not about the name but about the sound 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back