FA7, the first Quad drivers IEM from FiiO , all Knowles BAs and 3D printed technical , MMCX design
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #586 of 680
Nothing better than some Nat King Cole + FA7s, to calm the nerves, after a near miss with Hurricane Dorian
Is your EQ with more added bass?wow.:L3000:

Having spent two weeks straight with the Audiosense T800, I came back to my FA7 again and agree that it is one of the best (I EQ to the usound curve posted on this thread) IEM for relaxed listening + good resolution. It's really smooth and the fit and isolation is the best for me, I can wear this all day long.

Though the price should have been much lower, as the T800 which is the same price is miles beyond the FA7 on overall technicalities. At $200 and less mid-bass bleed, this IEM would have been more competitive.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #587 of 680
Not really, if you don't like FA7, changing AM3A to AM5 won't make you like them, the two modules are close enough in overall tonal balance to not change the base character of FA7

I've sold my FH5's due to the fit and am starting to get used to and liking the sound of the FA7. I'm interested in the FH7, but I've read they are a bit treble orientated.

I'd like an IEM for under £500 that would match the X7ii and hopefully, it's replacement.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #588 of 680
Having heard both FA7 and FH7, I would say I'll prefer the FA7 mainly due to the sealing. FH7 simply refuses to sit well in my ears which makes the upper-mids sound sharp. There is noticeably more trebles in the FH7 in my opinion, but also greater headroom.

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #591 of 680
I'm going by the pictures as well. The FH5 sounds good, but the fit is so marginal. OK at home if you keep pushing them in, but for me, forget out and about or the gym. This is using spacers to increase the insertion depth as well.

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #592 of 680
Well, I did use FA7 as my dailies for some time, the isolation is simply way better. FH7 has vents since it runs a dynamic (If I'm not mistaken) which would also pose a problem going out and about since the whole point of a tight fit is to keep sound out.

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #594 of 680
TBH - I'd take the FA1 over the FA7 for OOTB sound. Same fit, better tonality - miles cheaper.

FH7 definitely a good option if you value a more neutral sound. Another one to consider is the Fearless S8 Freedom. Really good IEM.

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #597 of 680
Sorry - its mostly written (BTW - I really rate it). My problem is the current hours I'm working and the amount of time I'm travelling lately.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #599 of 680
Good to know you rate it. Some reviews have mentioned it's a bit treble orientated. Does it have a deeper fit than the FH5? If not, I'll look for something else.
Fits about the same. Whats your budget, and what are you looking for?

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #600 of 680
I'll jog on if the fits about the same as the FH5. I'd like a detailed sound that has good bass and an overall warmer than neutral signature. Budget is about £500 if I can purchase from the UK and get the UK VAT off, as I live in the Channel Islands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back