eXStata DIY Electrostatic Amp for Intermediate DIYers
Jan 18, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #2,101 of 2,970
I managed to get my PS running yesterday
biggrin.gif
. Came up exactly like Alex said. It was a bit worrying at first, since on power on, only one of the LEDs was on, but as soon as I dialled P1 to 360 and P2 to 410, the second LED came on.

Everything seems fine so far. Measurements to follow later.

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #2,105 of 2,970
My boards arrived today, thanks Alex. I found Beefy's Mouser project too, so I'll double-check that, get everything and start building and case-hunting shortly.

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #2,107 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My boards arrived today, thanks Alex. I found Beefy's Mouser project too, so I'll double-check that, get everything and start building and case-hunting shortly.

That all worked out well too, but I would still make some changes. RN55D 1kohm back in stock, extra BC550 to allow for matching. Let me see if I have some time later today......

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #2,108 of 2,970
I've double-checked my Mouser projects, and they are good to go for the power supply and solid state amps. Can't help with the tube amp, unfortunately
wink.gif

Some items are currently OOS...... insulating pads for double-mount devices can be solved with extra whole kits, and the big 1kV cap for the high-bias should be in stock in a couple of days. The only real problem item is the load resistors, which are currently out of stock until May
frown.gif

So for anybody who wants them and missed the previous post, here they are:
Exstata PS (maxed/CRD version)
Exstata SS

[EDIT] Oh, just one more thing I should point out. There are extra 91 and 100V zeners to allow for 282/291/300V zener strings in the PS. This was because I wasn't 100% sure about how my custom transformer would work out, and wanted to be able to tweak up or down as necessary. Thankfully, the transformer and default 291V was perfect for me, but they are really handy spares to have.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #2,110 of 2,970
Yeah, it is everything that goes in the PCBs.

I'm also more than happy to supply my options for audio and power connectors, standoffs, terminal blocks, and components for a ground breaker. They aren't in a Mouser project though, so I can't link the lot easily like I did for the PS and SS amp.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #2,111 of 2,970
Gents, the last SS board set has been shipped. On this round all boards went to new builders (so far as I can tell) giving quite a few of you a chance to build this amp.

I'm going to drift away for a while now, but there is plenty of build expertise on this thread for anyone who might need help. Besides, if you build it right it will work (or something like that).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #2,112 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gents, the last SS board set has been shipped. On this round all boards went to new builders (so far as I can tell) giving quite a few of you a chance to build this amp.

I'm going to drift away for a while now, but there is plenty of build expertise on this thread for anyone who might need help. Besides, if you build it right it will work (or something like that).
smily_headphones1.gif

You will make these PCB available for others in the future right?

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #2,113 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, just one more thing I should point out. There are extra 91 and 100V zeners to allow for 282/291/300V zener strings in the PS. This was because I wasn't 100% sure about how my custom transformer would work out, and wanted to be able to tweak up or down as necessary. Thankfully, the transformer and default 291V was perfect for me, but they are really handy spares to have.

x2 with that, i made the mistake of not ordering some extra zeners and now i have to suffer the consequences of 4x 100v 1 w zeners short.

i will be most grateful if anyone can help me out with their spares 4x100v 1w zeners, or order some extra 100v 1w zeners when they are making order from mousers.

i had my hybrid amp ,psu assembled and cased up a age ago by still short of those 100v zeners to power up lol

one member suppose to send me with those spares zeners but he never get back to me, i assume he must be very busy with work or preoccupied with something else in life. so i dont want to trouble him again

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #2,114 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 with that, i made the mistake of not ordering some extra zeners and now i have to suffer the consequences of 4x 100v 1 w zeners short.

i will be most grateful if anyone can help me out with their spares 4x100v 1w zeners, or order some extra 100v 1w zeners when they are making order from mousers.

Why from Mouser? Ebay, local electronics store, service shop, etc. Call around - 100V zeners can't be that hard to find.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #2,115 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've double-checked my Mouser projects, and they are good to go for the power supply and solid state amps. Can't help with the tube amp, unfortunately
wink.gif

Some items are currently OOS...... insulating pads for double-mount devices can be solved with extra whole kits, and the big 1kV cap for the high-bias should be in stock in a couple of days. The only real problem item is the load resistors, which are currently out of stock until May
frown.gif

So for anybody who wants them and missed the previous post, here they are:
Exstata PS (maxed/CRD version)
Exstata SS

[EDIT] Oh, just one more thing I should point out. There are extra 91 and 100V zeners to allow for 282/291/300V zener strings in the PS. This was because I wasn't 100% sure about how my custom transformer would work out, and wanted to be able to tweak up or down as necessary. Thankfully, the transformer and default 291V was perfect for me, but they are really handy spares to have.

Thanks for setting those up again. I have to go into the city to get some parts tomorrow anyway, so I'll see if I can't find suitable substitutes for the OOS parts, a case and other bits and pieces.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back