Explain your custom title
Jun 24, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #61 of 68
Throwing Tantra - a dichotomy - a spiritual discussion that centred on sexual enery non-release.

a play on the words, "throwing a tantrum," perhaps.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #62 of 68
Mine is a gripping look into the inner essence of my being, revealing the paltry fruits of my labor. Everytime I look at it I am reminded that I have come so far and yet have done only an inkling of what others have that came before me. Such is the curse of being a 500+ Member.

Jun 25, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #63 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
Mine is a gripping look into the inner essence of my being, revealing the paltry fruits of my labor. Everytime I look at it I am reminded that I have come so far and yet have done only an inkling of what others have that came before me. Such is the curse of being a 500+ Member.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2003 at 5:37 PM Post #65 of 68
Well, I purchased this really rare Melos prototype that was unnamed at the time. Instead of calling it the Melos prototyoe all I held a contest (damn...I think I forgot to send the cd actually...that's coming man!) to find a name for this. Jude suggested the SHA-X and I liked it so there I was...the SHA Man...which is funny because about a few days later I accidently posted I had joined head-fi in 1991...about oh...10 years before it has been created.

You see...being a Shaman...I have the gift of precognition
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire

I feel your pain, brother... I feel your pain.

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #67 of 68
Reviving a classic thread (last post was over thirteen years ago).

The explanation of my custom titles

First: I really like G-Shocks, and my collection keeps growing.

Second: As for the crossfacing title: it's pretty funny.  Usually people reading the crossface title would think that the title means for someone to not crossface me (I've gotten PMs and posts telling me they wouldn't crossface me).  This is not the truth.  The title was created by a person from Head-Fi when we met at my first meet.  He knew a lot about wrestling (Olympic styles) and we conversed about the sport.  When I told him my favorite moves and that I perform the cradle (a wrestling pinning move which sometimes utilizes the crossface); showing him the move I perform (not to him, just showing it), he said to me "Don't crossface me, bro!"  A couple of days later, and I see the title he made as my custom title: "Don't crossface me, bro!"

Third: I like Ping Pong.  One person in particular talked so much trash to me, before our match, and after his defeat (made its way to Facebook as well), he said that he will defeat me in London in the next couple of weeks and San Francisco next year.  If I remember, I'll edit/update this post with updated results. 

bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #68 of 68
I got dozens of headphones in rapid succession and someone commented that I was like a Pokémon trainer.

I also made a spoof of the Pokémon Theme:

I wanna hear the very best, like no one ever heard. To catch them is my real test, to review them is my cause. I will travel across Head-Fi, searching far and wide. Each headphone to understand the power that's inside. Gotta catch 'em all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back