1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Explain your custom title

2 3 4 5
Next

Last
  1. dcg
    After reading eric343's post in this thread, it occured to me that I don't know how/why a lot of us got our custom titles, or what they mean. Most I know, but some are a mystery. So, what's the story behind yours?

2. Voyager
    I got mine because I was talking about how I tortured the drivers on my sportapros, including complete submersion in water while driving them to a very loud volume. More recently, this 'torturing', has expanded to include my Senn MX-500s, and Koss KSC 50s, and of course, every stock phone I own. I've unwound voice coils, heated diaphrams until they become more taught, and all sorts of other stuff. I do take precious care with all of my other equipment though.

3. The Quality Guru
    I got mine when . . . oh, wait, I don't have a custom title. Pooey to that! [​IMG]

4. dngl
    your link is broken. I got mine because I posted a big nudie pic of Charlotte Ross from NYPD Blue in an anti-fur ad with the caption "I'd rather show my buns than wear fur".

Quality- two reasons you don't have a title a) you haven't done anything stupid and b) you've been here for 2.5 months.

5. Audio-Me
    I think the custom signature is an inside joke thing... Should not need explaining, or feel the need to remind what happened.
    However, I think mine's pretty straight forward. [​IMG]

6. chych
    I, uh, sort of killed my Beyerdynamic DT-831s... I mean, the butterknife made me do it! Thus I am the second victim of the wretched knife. Neruda's the first - he damaged his Grados under the evil blade.

Hm it's been over half a year since the incident and I still have not repaired my 831s, maybe I should send them to Beyerdynamic one of these days...

7. The Quality Guru
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
    Quality- two reasons you don't have a title a) you haven't done anything stupid and b) you've been here for 2.5 months.

I haven't been here long enough, aye? [​IMG] Ugggh. Well, don't worry! I plan to be around for a while. [​IMG] Maybe I'll do something memorable enought to deserve a custom title one of these days. [​IMG]

8. Snufkin
    Guru - it's ok, I've been around for a while and I don't have a custom title, you're not the only title-less one [​IMG]

9. Audio-Me
    Hey now, mine wasn't given to me cause of something stupid. Silly yes, but not stupid. [​IMG]

10. KR... Contributor
    Because the HP-2 sounds better than the HP-1, unless your HP-1 has the upgraded cable, then they sound the same.

11. Neruda
    I think I'm on my fourth title, now?...

just goes to show you that I spend waaay too much time here. [​IMG]

12. JMT Moderator
    I have no idea where my title came from.[​IMG]

13. skippy
    thanks for reminding about the butterknife story, chych. that was a funny thread. hey neruda, did you ever get the mesh for those grados?

my custom title refers back to the headwize days when i popped open my grados and added stuff like removable cables and a folding headband. i also did 'surgery' to a pair of graods by taking off the diaphram to fix the voice coil.

14. KR... Contributor
    Quote:

I got mine because I was talking about how I tortured the drivers on my sportapros, including complete submersion in water while driving them to a very loud volume. More recently, this 'torturing', has expanded to include my Senn MX-500s, and Koss KSC 50s, and of course, every stock phone I own. I've unwound voice coils, heated diaphrams until they become more taught, and all sorts of other stuff.

Dare I ask WHY?

15. joelongwood Moderator
    No clue.[​IMG]

2 3 4 5
Next

Last