Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Jul 7, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #49 of 468
Ah yes, Radiohead, the kings of music.
Their best songs imho:
- Paranoid Android
- Reckoner
- Lotus Flower

They are one of my favorite artists. Jonny Greenwood is one hell of a guitarist. One of my favorite songs by them is Bulletproof. Its haunting and beautiful and is truly a highlight off The Bends imo. They arent your average run of the mill 90's bands. Far superior to Nirvana and Oasis in uniqueness. OK Computer is the Dark Side Of The Moon of the 90's. :)

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #51 of 468
They are one of my favorite artists. Jonny Greenwood is one hell of a guitarist. One of my favorite songs by them is Bulletproof. Its haunting and beautiful and is truly a highlight off The Bends imo. They arent your average run of the mill 90's bands. Far superior to Nirvana and Oasis in uniqueness. OK Computer is the Dark Side Of The Moon of the 90's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Fully agree with you.
Oasis were the cool guys, but musically not anywhere near Radiohead.

What were your favourite albums of the 00's and 2010-2016?

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #52 of 468
Fully agree with you.
Oasis were the cool guys, but musically not anywhere near Radiohead.

What were your favourite albums of the 00's and 2010-2016?

Thats a toughie. Most of my music is 1969-2000 rock of all sorts (although primarily trippy stuff with loads of guitar effects) Key modern albums i appreciate is Koi No Yokan by Deftones, Kid A by Radiohead, Morning View by Incubus, Innerspeaker by Tame Impala, A Perfect Circle's Mer De Noms, Skying by The Horrors, and VERY early works by Coldplay. You know the Coldplay that remind you of Bends-era Radiohead and not pop fodder like Coldplay's later stuff. Thats just to name a few, though.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #53 of 468
They are one of my favorite artists. Jonny Greenwood is one hell of a guitarist. One of my favorite songs by them is Bulletproof. Its haunting and beautiful and is truly a highlight off The Bends imo. They arent your average run of the mill 90's bands. Far superior to Nirvana and Oasis in uniqueness. OK Computer is the Dark Side Of The Moon of the 90's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Pfft. I'd take Nirvana over Radiohead any day. But then I can't stand Radiohead 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #56 of 468
Haha thats funny. I cant stand Nirvana!!!......

I can actually stand them. Its just that i hear Smells Like Teen Spirit all the damn time!

Well yeah, SLTS is played out to the max
biggrin.gif
. As much as I love Nevermind and very much grew up listening to it, it's over-exposed. I probably listen to Bleach more these days.

It's mainly Thom Yorke I have a problem with when it comes to Radiohed. Not only does he strike me as pretentious ****, I find his vocals are like nails on a blackboard - it turns every song into a moany dirge to my ears!

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #57 of 468
Well yeah, SLTS is played out to the max :D . As much as I love Nevermind and very much grew up listening to it, it's over-exposed. I probably listen to Bleach more these days.

It's mainly Thom Yorke I have a problem with when it comes to Radiohed. Not only does he strike me as pretentious ****, I find his vocals are like nails on a blackboard - it turns every song into a moany dirge to my ears!

Well no one has the same tastes. I myself find his ego earned. While Radiohead may not have as huge a legacy like Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, they are one of the best bands to emerge out of the nineties. Now Chris Marten, however, i find to be a pretentious media ass kisser. Hes the reason why Coldplay has turned into a pop fodder circus for the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back