Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #242 of 468
Kind of enjoying the nice eclectic selection of music getting posted here. Not all of it fits my listening tastes, but most of it does. Keep on posting guys.

Here's one band I hadn't heard of before, but someone mentioned them, so I youtube'd them and here are The Early Years. Trippy

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #243 of 468
Talking of trippy... 
biggrin.gif

The 13th Floor Elevators - Psychedelic Sounds

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #244 of 468
FLOUR s/t Touch and Go Records 1988  . one of my favorite records from the late 1980s
(if you look closely at the bottom of the album cover you see the disclaimer  ''Recorded solely for fun. If you want perfect pitch and slick production, please buy something else.')
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #245 of 468
I don't think one of my fave albums of all time has been mentioned. Bic Hayes started the band after Levitation came to a halt and Twenty Twenty Sound was the album in question. I always thought they (and the album) should have been huge, but we all know how things go in life.

I just loved the sounds he wrung from his guitar. Great songs.

Here's the album

Here is the full show from TV's Boxed Set

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #248 of 468
Right. Last year, I bought this album from Philadelphia band Ecstatic Visions called Sonic Praise. It's a mash-up of space rock and a ton of other influences. I thought it was great.

Sonic Praise by Ecstatic Vision

So today, an email dropped into my account announcing that the band have a new album on preorder, so I headed over to BC to catch a listen to the only tune available for streaming until the release date. Wow! What a great riff. Like garage rock met space rock and went on a crazy world tour. I have pre-ordered it on the strength of that.

Raw Rock Fury by Ecstatic Vision

So, after all that, I thought, 'that riff reminds me of You Don't Look So Good', so here, have a listen to that. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back