Experiences with Micca?
Jan 31, 2010 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

EBOBO

New Head-Fier
Has anyone purchased from Micca Store? Reason being is I'm considering purchasing a FiiO E1 (because it's the only store that I've found with a black one), but I would just like to know how their service is. Thanks in advance.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 9

I was enjoying my Fiio E7/E9 combo with my Beyer DT990/600s ... and then I tried the Fiio combo with my Denon D2000's.

Long story short, my E9 volume pot is incredibly noisy -- emitting loud scratchy static -- with the Denon's.  I emailed Micca Store, where I bought the E7/E9 combo in December 2010, about the noisy E9 pot.  I received a pat response that the E9's noisy/scratchy volume pot is a known issue but that it is not a problem because the pot does not make any noise when it is stationary.

I replied that I think the noisy pot is a problem because I often adjust the E9 volume during playback.  I asked diplomatically in my follow-up email as to whether Fiio would have a fix or a replacement pot available.  This email was ignored by Micca Store. Several days later, I sent a follow-up to my ignored follow-up email and was ignored once again.  Several days after that, I politely requested a refund on the E9 if there was not going to be a volume pot fix.  Micca Store ignored me for a third time.

In my opinion, the moral of this story is: Fiio's quality control is poor, and Micca Store's customer support is likewise poor.  YMMV, but caveat emptor.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 9
Guys, if you really want products with exceptional build quality worthy of a prince, you spend more than the $120 an E9 costs. Fiio isn't, and never claims to be, a company that produces products for the higher-end market - they are, by their own admission, targeting a budget market, and as such, must make compromises to lower their prices.  However, they strive to the best of their ability to bring high-end features and quality to a lower-end price point - but they're obviously not gods and can't make products up to the same standards of some other, higher-end companies.  Come back when you find a desktop amp of equivalent audio quality at a lower price.

When people give good reviews to Fiio amps, it's not because of exceptional build quality, but rather, exceptional audio quality for the price.  That said, I've never heard anybody complain about a scratchy pot before...yours could be defective.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 9

I was enjoying my Fiio E7/E9 combo with my Beyer DT990/600s ... and then I tried the Fiio combo with my Denon D2000's.

Long story short, my E9 volume pot is incredibly noisy -- emitting loud scratchy static -- with the Denon's.  I emailed Micca Store, where I bought the E7/E9 combo in December 2010, about the noisy E9 pot.  I received a pat response that the E9's noisy/scratchy volume pot is a known issue but that it is not a problem because the pot does not make any noise when it is stationary.

I replied that I think the noisy pot is a problem because I often adjust the E9 volume during playback.  I asked diplomatically in my follow-up email as to whether Fiio would have a fix or a replacement pot available.  This email was ignored by Micca Store. Several days later, I sent a follow-up to my ignored follow-up email and was ignored once again.  Several days after that, I politely requested a refund on the E9 if there was not going to be a volume pot fix.  Micca Store ignored me for a third time.

In my opinion, the moral of this story is: Fiio's quality control is poor, and Micca Store's customer support is likewise poor.  YMMV, but caveat emptor.

Hi,

I just wanted to add our side of the story.

4/4, we received your initial email regarding the scratchy volume pot on your E9. We responded on the same day, and our reply never claimed that the the scratchy noise is not a problem - that's not our call to make as the retailer/distributor of this product. We indicated that we've seen this issue from other FiiO E9 owners, and that there has been no product updates from FiiO that addresses this.

Our above reply to you was received by you correctly as you sent back a response on 4/5, but it seems that since then, all of our emails to you were undelivered with the following error reported by our email server:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at gateway01.websitewelcome.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
Connected to 67.195.168.31 but greeting failed.
Remote host said: 421 4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from 69.93.236.19 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1;
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

All of our emails to other yahoo.com email address users were delivered without issue so we don't know what was the cause for our email not getting delivered to you. If you log in to our support ticket system at support.miccastore.com you will see that we did in fact reply to you on those dates. You can ask other customers who has purchased from us on Head-Fi, ignoring customers is not how we do business. It's unfortunate that email is not a 100% failure-proof communication method and we do not have any control over whether the recipient's email account accepts our emails for delivery.

In any case, as proposed in one of our previous replies to you, we would gladly provide you with an exchange for the E9 as part of our extended exchange program for a $15 fee. Alternatively, I am sure FiiO would also provide you with excellent service should you wish to resolve the issue with them directly. If you would like to setup the exchange, I suggest that you email our support department using a different email account and we'll take care of this for you.

Jack

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 9
[size=10pt]I have ordered from Micca recently, and had a few questions, and was very happy with service. The ‘form’ in which customer service engaged is a little strange compared to what I’ve experienced in the past, but it was prompt, timely, and informative (if you have emailed customer service at Micca, you’ll understand what I mean by unusual ‘form’). The above reply from Jack is a contributing factor in why I decided to try out some FiiO product and why I decided to order directly from Micca instead of other sites, or buy used. I believe he is engaged in the product and engaged in customer service. I gathered this from reading his replies to other customers around this site for numerous products. FYI, my order came two days earlier then promised. I would order from then again in a heartbeat. I’m very satisfied[/size].

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #8 of 9
One more testimonial on Micca's behalf.  I've owned multiple products from Micca.  2 Digital Video Players, a third player that I bought for my brother, an E5, cables, etc...blah blah.

From a product perspective, I'm not expecting top tier from them, but for the price points they sell at, the products are top notch.  Of the devices I've owned, I recently had a problem with my EP350.  I sent them a note, they responded right away with a possible solution.  Tried it, didn't work, so they sent me an RMA#.  I'm currently awaiting the results.  Through all of this, they've been responsive, helpful, and not once accusatory or condescending. 

I whole heartedly recommend Micca and will continue to do so. 

And not only that, but Jack monitors many boards that I read and I've seen nothing but professionalism and sense of great pride from him in his product line.  I've not seen that from too many other vendors online.  I like that.

They sell great product and have great customer service. Period.

Kraig

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 9
I want a good experience ordering a Fiio E11 from Micca...asap!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back