Exorbitant Ebay Shipping Fees - Fair or Foul?
Jul 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #16 of 30
Nothing wrong imo.
If you find the shipping charges too high, then simply skip bidding on the item. Simple as that...

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #18 of 30
...until you receive a faulty item, and the supplier only offers a refund of the item price, not a replacement...

~Phewl.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...until you receive a faulty item, and the supplier only offers a refund of the item price, not a replacement...

~Phewl.

A Paypal dispute will refund the total price including shipping.

EK

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #20 of 30
Buyer beware! It's the reason to research the sellers feedback from other buyers. If I get a funny feeling about the seller, then I skip the purchase and look elsewhere. There was a HK seller on e-bay who quit after saying goods shipped from Ca, when they really shipped from HK. He had received numerous comments about that happening.

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Paypal dispute will refund the total price including shipping.

EK

Really? I've just(today) had to launch a Paypal dispute because I received a faulty item(Zero DAC, can read about it in the headphone amplifiers forum). The case was closed immediately because "We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

The protection offered by Paypal is laughable. Looks like I'll be talking to my bank about a chargeback in the morning...

~Phewl.

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's against eBay rules to have inflated shipping fees to avoid the listing fees.

Exactly. On eBay it's against the rules, and therefore an unfair practice if the seller is using the service to sell their wares.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #27 of 30
I too avoid people who heavily inflate shipping charges.

Makes you wonder if they actually 'save' any money from the amount of people who will simply pass over the item.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #28 of 30
You can ask for anything, you can pay (or not pay) for anything: this is a free market. Though I wouldn't buy from these.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Precisely.

From the actual listing:

Anyone who orders this, doesn't do the reading, and gets screwed deserves it.

It's fair.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #30 of 30
I have pretty much given up on ebay. I have found that if I want to buy audio equipment, I can usually find what I want in the FS forums. Would rather help a headfier out anyway. Back in the day when ebay was the new fronteir it was fun. Ebay stores have pretty much ruined it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back