Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Nov 27, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #1,996 of 2,222
Tried to be cheap and bought a Xinhs cable. Although cable quality looked and felt okay, the MMCX itself was a finicky fit.

Right one was extremely tight and would not click in. Hope I didn't cause unnecessary wear and tear to the IEM itself...

Anyhow, I got frustrated and ended up placing an order for a Null Audio Ethos MKV. Should arrive here this Wednesday.

Attachments

• 20231127_154606.jpg
    20231127_154606.jpg
    961.2 KB · Views: 0
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,997 of 2,222
This forum is a bit quiet so I will slide it back up the page with something that might help someone.

I have been doing some experimenting with tips and would like to offer a suggestion for anyone like myself that is struggling to get a good secure fit and seal due to the relatively short nozzle on the IE600.

None of the stock tips were worth persevering with for my ear on terms of both fit and sound.

This has been mentioned a couple of times earlier but it is worth repeating. A thin ring around 2mm wide sliced off the stem of an old ear tip with a craft knife makes a very good spacer at the base of the IEM nozzle to hold the tip just a bit further out. Pick a tip with a black stem and you don’t even see the spacer, or you could get funky with different colours.

With that spacer in place the Divinus Velvet ear tips work exceptionally well. The stem has a flange at the base and with the spacer in place on the nozzle that flange tucks snugly behind the ring on the IEM nozzle so even with the reduced length of the stem on the nozzle they are really secure.

A couple of millimeters might not sound like much but it makes a really worthwhile difference to the insertion depth and the effectiveness of the seal.

Listening now with the tips set up as above from iPhone 15 - iFi Gryphon as the DAC - Astell and Kern PA10 amplifier and they sound fantastic.

https://hifigo.com/products/divinus-velvet
14.2 mm wide for the large.. What width are the large senn foam ? These aren't foam either. I'd love a mix of firm foam and open like silicone . Firm silicone

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,998 of 2,222
Tried to be cheap and bought a Xinhs cable. Although cable quality looked and felt okay, the MMCX itself was a finicky fit.

Right one was extremely tight and would not click in. Hope I didn't cause unnecessary wear and tear to the IEM itself...

Anyhow, I got frustrated and ended up placing an order for a Null Audio Ethos MKV. Should arrive here this Wednesday.
I got one from AliExpress it's grand.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #1,999 of 2,222
It's been a little while now that these have been out. Anyone find a good TWS ear-hook that works without any adapters / etc.? I'm researching the iFi hooks and the Shure's - any other good options to look into? Mainly windows pc use.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,000 of 2,222

Damn, I just ordered a cable from them as well last night. Did you tell them you need the MMCX connector for the IE600 before you ordered?

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #2,001 of 2,222
14.2 mm wide for the large.. What width are the large senn foam ? These aren't foam either. I'd love a mix of firm foam and open like silicone . Firm silicone

Careful measurement with my caliper says the Sennheiser large foams are 13.5mm at the widest point.

0.7mm might not sounds like a lot but that makes a big difference in the effectiveness of the seal.

The seal achieved isn't just about the diameter, the shape, firmness and material plays a huge roll also.

To me the large stock foam tips sound very poor, they don't seal well for me and if they barely manage to seal OK for you, if I understand what you are saying, it seems like your ear anatomy is creating a version of the same situation as mine.

Firm silicone, that is what the Divinus are.

I would highly recommend spending the modest money and getting a 3 pack of the Divinus Velvet in large. If I was listening with the stock large foam for a while them swapped over the Divinus it would be like a whole new and much better IEM.

To improve the fit further you could try the little spacer at the base of the nozzle as described a few posts back, that works exceptionally well with the Divinus tips.

Divinus Velvet with a spacer rates a 10 for me while the factory foam rate about a 2, the difference is genuinely night and day for me and if your fit concerns are along the same lines as mine they might be night and day for you.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #2,002 of 2,222
Damn, I just ordered a cable from them as well last night. Did you tell them you need the MMCX connector for the IE600 before you ordered?

I am temporarily using an XINHS cable on mine at the moment, a standard MMCX one with the plastic rings popped off, fits perfectly, I suspect you will be absolutely fine with an XINHS cable, I have several and they all seem good to me.

Nov 27, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #2,003 of 2,222
Hi all, just got my IE600 last week and having spent a little longer than I really ought to have lurking here for eartip recommendations, I'm all set with the Azla Standards. The level of microphonics has been so infuriating that I've more or less passed listening to audiobooks or quieter stuff while walking about and I'm keen to regain access to my full library again with a new cable

I see the Ethos V cable recommended widely here and it's on sale down to £60 or so. Is the extra £20 worth it over a premium Xinnhs/Lunacables AliExpress cable? I expect these 600s to be my only IEMs for the next few years so I'm quite happy spending a little extra but I don't want to overspend if there's no ergonomic advantage. I would've ordered an AliExpress set already but I'm apprehensive when it comes to import fees, taxes and that sort of thing, having never ordered anything worth more than £10 from the site before.

Thanks for all of your help so far!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #2,004 of 2,222
I clearly must not have done ENOUGH reading up on tips because it seems I bought the Azla Crystals standards rather than the SednaEarFit black standards that I had meant to buy. I can't seem to find much comparison between the two - is it worth checking the black out?

Quite happy with these Crystals but I have a handful of other tips arriving tomorrow so I wouldn't mind trying a few others for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #2,005 of 2,222
Yes, MMCX specifically for the IE600. Right one was okay but the left one was defective.

My experience might be an isolated case seeing the generally positve experience of the other guys here.

Customer service is pretty good -- just requested me to cut the cable and send a pic to get a refund.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #2,006 of 2,222
More tip meddling !

If anybody is suffering with a touch of sibilance, especially if you are not using the stock tips with their foam inserts, a thin strip of micropore tape over the tip of the nozzle before installing the tips just cuts the edge off the sharpness.

Completely covering the tip I found to be a bit much but a narrow strip maybe 2mm wide leaving just a small opening either side works well.

I pulled the foam insert out of the stock tips and put those inside the tips I am using and the thin strip of micropore tape does the same thing to my ear. I didn’t want to use the foam for fear of losing it down an earhole !

Micropore tape is that thin medical stuff that breaths and flows air, you probably have some in a first aid kit somewhere.

Makes any tip acoustically like the stock tips with their foam filters.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #2,007 of 2,222
Just got mine during the sale, was a bit worry about the treble energy but surprisingly it never crosses the line for me. Very energetic and fun set. Stock tips are honestly not that bad but I will be testing with other tips soon.

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #2,009 of 2,222
Careful measurement with my caliper says the Sennheiser large foams are 13.5mm at the widest point.

0.7mm might not sounds like a lot but that makes a big difference in the effectiveness of the seal.

The seal achieved isn't just about the diameter, the shape, firmness and material plays a huge roll also.

To me the large stock foam tips sound very poor, they don't seal well for me and if they barely manage to seal OK for you, if I understand what you are saying, it seems like your ear anatomy is creating a version of the same situation as mine.

Firm silicone, that is what the Divinus are.

I would highly recommend spending the modest money and getting a 3 pack of the Divinus Velvet in large. If I was listening with the stock large foam for a while them swapped over the Divinus it would be like a whole new and much better IEM.

To improve the fit further you could try the little spacer at the base of the nozzle as described a few posts back, that works exceptionally well with the Divinus tips.

Divinus Velvet with a spacer rates a 10 for me while the factory foam rate about a 2, the difference is genuinely night and day for me and if your fit concerns are along the same lines as mine they might be night and day for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_165853_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_165853_Chrome.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back