Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Sep 28, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #1,906 of 2,317
Any reccomendations on tips? I just cant get a seal in my right ear with stock tips.

Im a bit new to iems, but any concern with going with a tip that doesnt have the foam in it? What are the chances of ear wax and what not getting on the driver - as the driver is right there after the nozzle ends. Any iems out there with similar designs and we can use that as a case study of if theres risk or not…
I didn't get on with the supplied tips so I tried 'Final Clear Silicone Type E Eartips' and got a much better seal and sound. Amazon sell them either by size or as a multi-pack. Ear wax is always going to be a concern, all you can do is clean both your ears and the IEMs regularly.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,907 of 2,317
I didn't get on with the supplied tips so I tried 'Final Clear Silicone Type E Eartips' and got a much better seal and sound. Amazon sell them either by size or as a multi-pack. Ear wax is always going to be a concern, all you can do is clean both your ears and the IEMs regularly.
I tried with the Final E Eartips, but the isolation is worse than the supplied silicone tips.:slight_frown:

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #1,909 of 2,317
I keep meaning to ask, when the IE600s are supplied new there is a plastic bit on the back of the jack plugs. Does this have a purpose? If not, why is it there?

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,910 of 2,317
I keep meaning to ask, when the IE600s are supplied new there is a plastic bit on the back of the jack plugs. Does this have a purpose? If not, why is it there?
lol yes I have em when i got mine, didn't realize it was there until i plug out the plug and pulled the plastic out. There's also 1 at the Y splitter lol. I have no clue what does it do to be very honest. If anyone knows please enlighten ask LOL

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #1,911 of 2,317
I dunno but both of the inner bendable wires are now broken. They must be the crappest design for iem ear hooks out there, a part that can break with too much bending that's inside a design that makes you adjust them so much because they don't fit very well and therefore I keep moving them and eventually break. For me anyway!

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,913 of 2,317
definitely need after market cables for IE600.... they stick, tangle, lose signal...
Yea I didn't mind them too much hut snapping wires around the ears is a bad design flaw for my fidgeting, they couldn't cope with it , but it was a knock on effect of the hooks not feeling right, constant tweaking around the ear shape and I use them all the time. Bad combo

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #1,914 of 2,317
Yah I hate the cable. Mostly because I had so many broken earbuds that use MMCX cables (the cable is fine, it's the earbuds that die, what a joke). So that stiff ear hook makes me put too much pressure on the connector as I put them off and on and adjust them. I have 0 faith in MMCX connectors. 2 pin, I throw them around like old shoes and never had an issue.

Oct 11, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,916 of 2,317
Oct 11, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,917 of 2,317
My personal favorite so far is the Brise BSEP cable for the 600. I have a Null Epsilon that just sits in the drawer unused right now. It's quite a bit thicker/heavier than the stock as well as the Brise. I also felt the MMCx connectors were a bit snug compared to the others. Just my 2 cents

350euros , you splashed big

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,918 of 2,317
The BSEP from Brise took some contemplating, but I also have the Brise Flex cable (for other IEMs) which I really liked the material and weighting of it. Brise told me the BSEP was about the same in those regards. That said, they do have cheaper cables which can also be configured for the 600s, I was just curious about the tuning specifically for the 600, so took a flyer on it while the Yen is much weaker to the dollar.

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #1,919 of 2,317
The BSEP from Brise took some contemplating, but I also have the Brise Flex cable (for other IEMs) which I really liked the material and weighting of it. Brise told me the BSEP was about the same in those regards. That said, they do have cheaper cables which can also be configured for the 600s, I was just curious about the tuning specifically for the 600, so took a flyer on it while the Yen is much weaker to the dollar.
Ok. I ordered a 10 bucks one from Ali. I'm not being facetious, I'd go for 70 bucks one my top limit I'd say. If I had the money I'd buy everything

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,920 of 2,317
@ericpalonen - found my paperwork :wink: It wasn't tied to any e-mail address, I'm stumped, but I can start getting the wheels going.

Just added the 660S2 to my lineup and it continues the IE 600 path in that chassis. Good balance of spice and nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back