Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Sep 21, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,891 of 2,233
Did you prefer the solstice or noire?
The solstice is more beautiful, feels better and is lighter - but the noire is more versatile with its swappable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm connectors. Depends on what you want and want to use it for. If you’re only after a regular 3.5mm cable, I would say the Solstice is preferred.

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,893 of 2,233
The solstice is more beautiful, feels better and is lighter - but the noire is more versatile with its swappable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm connectors. Depends on what you want and want to use it for. If you’re only after a regular 3.5mm cable, I would say the Solstice is preferred.
They are also selling the solstice with swappable connectors

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,894 of 2,233
They are also selling the solstice with swappable connectors
Oh, do they? That would be nice. Do you have a link by chance? Thanks!

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #1,896 of 2,233
Finally got the IE600. Impressions are good overall.

[...]
The cable is ok but I don't like the mouldable hooks at all. They don't make the best fit possible and will loosen the IEMs from the ear due to the rigidness. Swapped for a standard cheap linsoul cable from Amazon (UK) but unfortunately the right MMCX disconnects too easily from the IEM. Left side is fine. Cable doesn't have this issue on other MMCX IEMs. Will try a cheap cable from ebay. The Ares and Null Audio cables require additional fees when shipped to the UK so I am holding off either of those for now. Perhaps a fresh linsoul cable would fit better than my existing one, who knows.
If you're feeling brave, you can remove the little plastic part on the lower part of the connector.
This can be removed without much force with a cutter.
I've done this on my Tripowin Zoe
635de4847d325bf91dd405e2ce757aeb.jpg

On my cable, as there are no left/right markings outside this color code, you may want to leave a small mark somewhere. When I did this "DIY", I left a bit of red plastic behind.

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,897 of 2,233
If you're feeling brave, you can remove the little plastic part on the lower part of the connector.
This can be removed without much force with a cutter.
I've done this on my Tripowin Zoe
635de4847d325bf91dd405e2ce757aeb.jpg

On my cable, as there are no left/right markings outside this color code, you may want to leave a small mark somewhere. When I did this "DIY", I left a bit of red plastic behind.
I done the exact same thing with mine.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #1,899 of 2,233
No, that’s not necessarily so. I had a cheap Tripowin/Linsoul „Zonie“ cable in gold. It did fit but it wasn‘t a stable fit at all. Then I had another blue Tripowin cable that was exactly like that. The only ones that have fitted so far were the new Tripowin „Solstice“ cable and the „Noire“ cable, specifically for Sennheiser MMCX.

See here: https://hifi-passion.de/en/cable-adapter/iem-cables/1394/tripowin-noire-sennheiser-mmcx
Can you elaborate? "It fit but wasn't stable at all"

Mine fits perfectly on the left side and is fully secure. The right side connects and will stay in if you don't mess with it so only one side is unstable. Clearly there is a discrepancy between the left and right connector, both should either connect or not connect. I'm not sure if yours were similar to that or not.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #1,900 of 2,233
Can you elaborate? "It fit but wasn't stable at all"

Mine fits perfectly on the left side and is fully secure. The right side connects and will stay in if you don't mess with it so only one side is unstable. Clearly there is a discrepancy between the left and right connector, both should either connect or not connect. I'm not sure if yours were similar to that or not.
Cannot elaborate on your discrepancy between both sides, no - only that the first two Linsoul cables with MMCX connectors seemingly fitted when I put them on my IE600 (there was a „click“ even) but you could feel that the connection was not the way it should have been, the connectors had a little play in them and when I wanted to take the buds out of my ears e.g., the connectors were also pretty loose. On both sides, mind you. As soon as I began using „proper IE600 cables“, I‘ve never had the issue again.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #1,901 of 2,233
Cannot elaborate on your discrepancy between both sides, no - only that the first two Linsoul cables with MMCX connectors seemingly fitted when I put them on my IE600 (there was a „click“ even) but you could feel that the connection was not the way it should have been, the connectors had a little play in them and when I wanted to take the buds out of my ears e.g., the connectors were also pretty loose. On both sides, mind you. As soon as I began using „proper IE600 cables“, I‘ve never had the issue again.
Yours were different to mine then. The left side connects as well as the stock cable does and feels the same, in terms of security/stability. What I am experiencing on the right side is the same as your experience.

I've ordered another cable specific for the IE600 so will see. Unfortunately the nicer Tripowin cable isn't on Amazon UK, just the Noire is. If all fails I'll try the Noire.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #1,905 of 2,233
Any reccomendations on tips? I just cant get a seal in my right ear with stock tips.

Im a bit new to iems, but any concern with going with a tip that doesnt have the foam in it? What are the chances of ear wax and what not getting on the driver - as the driver is right there after the nozzle ends. Any iems out there with similar designs and we can use that as a case study of if theres risk or not…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back