Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jul 21, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #1,771 of 2,215
Giving these a go - Symbio W - Silicone+Memory Foam Special Hybrid Universal Ear Tip.

IMG_5197.jpg

Super wide bore compared to the other tips! I would say this is to the benefit of the ie600. Sound impressions early, but seems closer to the stock sound than the finals, or the spinfits - treble sparkle is still there but without the sibilance I was struggling with on some other solutions.

Comfort so far - finding them a lot more comfortable than the final type e, which were far from uncomfortable in the first place.

Jul 21, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #1,772 of 2,215
I'm still incredibly happy with the IE600. Never had an iem with such coherent sound with incredibly resolution and clear sound. Very tight bass aswell in my opinion also, very comfortable. I'm not gonna selling any tike soon.

But maybe you guys could help me because I'm looking for a complementary iem to the IE600 something, with a bigger soundstage and imaging, with a more smooth sound, with a more physical bass, with a more engaging and enticing sound, a more atmospheric experience don't mind be less resolving, where should I look for this type of sound?

What you are looking for sounds like IER Z1R to me and you won't be sacrificing the resolution as well. Mest series are the other recommendations I can make in the same ballpark. Both have great treble and bass texture different from IE600.

The caveats will be:
You might want to test how the Z1R fits to your ears as the Sony's trebles tends to depend on how deep a fit you can achieve. While the bass may have detailed texture and satisfying punch, it feels like bass is turned on to full all the time which can be a bit fatiguing for me. While it is an achievement to be praised of, I find it something of an acquired taste at the same time.

Mests have mild driver flex and I know some people really don't like that. While there is no certain point of fail for Mests, perhaps spicy treble for Mest1, the wow factor might feel lacking in terms of tonality. Some will like this and call it relaxing, especially for Mest2. I don't know about the recent Mk3 iteration, but for the predecessors, they are both treble focus skewed, main difference being how the lower upper mid contrast is handled. Mest1 has not the most ergonomic shells.

Another model I may suggest for a totally different experience is MDR-EX1000 eq'ed, if you are into EQ. It's a model with best detailed tactility in the bass for me and despite of how flat the FR may look like, the bass is emphasized by its liveliness.

Somethings to be careful of is that it's 5.7khz peak is kinda notorious, air region extension is non-existent , the default tuning is dated in my opinion, it's almost fully vented, and can be only obtained in the used market. Still the interesting one gigantic DD config provides an experience like no other, and takes EQ very well which can mitigate some of its problems.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #1,774 of 2,215
Jul 29, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,777 of 2,215
Any tips advice finding your right size on the stock eartips? Not sure how deep of an insertion should I be going for with these. I'm surprised to see that maybe the smalls work best for me. And it seems like maybe my right ear is a medium. But not sure! This my first rodeo of trying an iem and actually caring about seal, past iems attempts were cheap chifi.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #1,778 of 2,215
Any tips advice finding your right size on the stock eartips? Not sure how deep of an insertion should I be going for with these. I'm surprised to see that maybe the smalls work best for me. And it seems like maybe my right ear is a medium. But not sure! This my first rodeo of trying an iem and actually caring about seal, past iems attempts were cheap chifi.
Stock tips are quite difficult to find a good seal with for some people! They are very soft and easily collapse during (deep) insertion. For me and many others, a quite shallow insertion and a very slow insertion procedure helps.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,781 of 2,215
Has anyone heard of both ie600 and ie900? Is there an audible difference between them?
there were a number of posts in this thread comparing the two, describing the SQ/tuning differences. Might search the thread (search filter at the top of the thread) for IE900 and peruse through those.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,782 of 2,215
Has anyone heard of both ie600 and ie900? Is there an audible difference between them?
Frankly, I haven’t but these are two different IEMs, differently built and tuned, different frequency graphs and one costing twice as much as the other one. What makes you think that there isn’t an audible difference? :D

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,783 of 2,215
I own an IE600 and auditioned an IE900 in a shop. 900 had more enjoyable bass texture, recessed upper mid (more than I would like), and less treble emphasis (compared to 600's that is). I think 600 is more of a traditionally balanced presentation tonally and partially in terms of technicality as well, although the treble can be a bit of taste issue and something I can see people with emphasis on timbre may not like.

On a youtube interview in the Sennheiser channel, I heard the idea of 600 was to address the pinna compensation of 900. This came with even more prominent treble and the team decided, since people like treble, to go with it. I think that hints the largest portion of what differences there may be between the two models.

Aug 5, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,784 of 2,215
My right channel is suddenly sounding much quieter than the left. I’ve tried different cables, sources, tips, etc. and the problem is still there. Short of sending them back under warranty, is there anything else I can do/try?

Aug 5, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,785 of 2,215
is there anything else I can do/try?
What you described is a common issue when the nozzle filter gets clogged due to moisture buildup. It often occurs in highly humid areas or during exercises or after a bath, where the ear canal becomes warmer than usual. The moisture traps in the filter cloth, subsequently blocking the airflow.

In some good cases, leaving the earphones without tips in an airtight case with silica gel packets for a few hours can help eliminate the moisture, and the imbalance might be resolved. But claiming the warranty is the best idea indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back