Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 17, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #571 of 2,222
Commuted to the office today with the IE600, which in my view is a great test of an IEM's composure what with the assault of external noise on public transport and in the office space.
Happy to say they did really well, helped no doubt by the compact design and snug fit. Bass and details were carried through convincingly. I'm chuffed.

May 18, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #578 of 2,222
Hurraayy too meee😍
IMG_20220518_182007.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #579 of 2,222
Commuted to the office today with the IE600, which in my view is a great test of an IEM's composure what with the assault of external noise on public transport and in the office space.
Happy to say they did really well, helped no doubt by the compact design and snug fit. Bass and details were carried through convincingly. I'm chuffed.

Glad you're taking them onto the commute! A highly underrated place to enjoy some tracks. I likewise used it for a 6-hour flight to Las Vegas and it was outstanding for noise isolation.

Hurraayy too meee😍
IMG_20220518_182007.jpg
Oooooooh lalaaaa with the closeups!

Congrats and welcome to the #IE600Club !!!!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 18, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #580 of 2,222
May 19, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #583 of 2,222
Well how does Hans Zimmer stuff sound on the IE600? :D
9A4CCC15-EFA5-4DDF-86DF-710B1ADC2C13.jpeg

(Sorry for the bad picture :sweat_smile:)

Well.. to be honest quit good. I’m not the best to describe sound but the resolution on these is incredible. Lots of detail, very musical, good soundstage. Clear sound, natural and engaging. Intimate sound stage. Bass is on point.
But the most astonishing thing for me is how such tiny things can produce such great sound. They also are so comfortable that today in my commute i had to check if they still are in my ears lol they are so comfortable that they just disappear in the ears.
Some cons are:
- this ear buds doesn’t have a lot of a punch in the middle bass a they are not super dynamic.
- They also have very little but noticeable sibilance on T and S consonants that I hope it will disappear with burn in. (Currently 24hrs in)
- the vocals on these are absolutely incredible but they are a little bit forward so, some people is possible to get ear fatigue after a while.

I don’t remember if was on this thread that I read about IE600/IE900 and made a car analogy that the 900 are a Porsche 911 and the 600 a Cayman or something on those lines. As a car guy myself I’m please to say that after owning both 600/900 that the 600 are in fact the Porsche Cayman but the Gt4 RS version of the car :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and any car guy will take the latest for a joyride instead of 911:sunglasses:. ( it is my opinion and what I find enjoyment on maybe different for somethin else)

May 19, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #584 of 2,222
Update on tips:

Azla Crystal - Great seal. Comfortable. Opens up the soundstage width quite noticably but looses in resolution. In certain tracks makes the IE600 (very) sibilant. Looses a bit on sub bass.
Spinfit CP100 - Very comfortable. Soundstage improved a bit. Music sounds more focused, (more engaging) maybe becaused mids are more pushed up. Sub bass retained.
Spiral Dot++ - still incoming.

I think I just wasted money on the Crystals - soundstage was so open that resolution and imaging suffers. Looking forward to Spiral Dot++ as it's been a long time since I owned one, first version was good to me :fingers_crossed:

Listening to the Azla and CP100 puts the stock tips to shame. Stock tips are really thin and doesn't seal well - even if pushed all the way in my ear canal.

May 19, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #585 of 2,222
Update on tips:

Azla Crystal - Great seal. Comfortable. Opens up the soundstage width quite noticably but looses in resolution. In certain tracks makes the IE600 (very) sibilant. Looses a bit on sub bass.
Spinfit CP100 - Very comfortable. Soundstage improved a bit. Music sounds more focused, (more engaging) maybe becaused mids are more pushed up. Sub bass retained.
Spiral Dot++ - still incoming.

I think I just wasted money on the Crystals - soundstage was so open that resolution and imaging suffers. Looking forward to Spiral Dot++ as it's been a long time since I owned one, first version was good to me :fingers_crossed:

Listening to the Azla and CP100 puts the stock tips to shame. Stock tips are really thin and doesn't seal well - even if pushed all the way in my ear canal.
Using the IE900 the Spiral Dots++ are still the best choice for me. Really looking forward to see how you like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back