Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 20, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #601 of 2,263
Is the ie 600 worth the upgrade over ie300?

I listen to all kind of music/genres
Like rock,pop,metal,electronica,classical,you name it.Lately ive been listening a lot to rammstein,psy trance/trance.I like lots of micro details,but also deep bass,large soundstage and a littlebit on the warm side/v shaped.

May 20, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #602 of 2,263
What's the

How is the pairing between the Sony DAP and IE600? That is likely the next logical step for me (unless I get directed to another IEM), would love to know your thoughts.
Well, I can't give you any detailed Info yet because i only had time to listen to the combo for about 2hrs. I have the 600 on the laptop doing burn in. But for the time that I had sounded great. The 600 have neutral(ish) sound to them. They will sound good with almost everything. The cool thing about the Walkman is that you can change the sonic profile (firmware modd by @MrWalkman) and I'm looking forward to play around with the different firmwares. I also only have the Sony at the moment.
So do you recommend the ie900 to someone that has the ie600 already (me) ? Because I am interested to own both if they are that good.
To be honest no. If you had the IE300 I would say yes because the 600 are more close to the neutral side of the 900 than the fun side of the 300. Depends on what you want, if you want a more technical iem buy the 900 but for me I and my wallet i can't justify having both.

Some quick findings:
- the silicone tips on the 600 work better for me than that are provided with 900 and I don't know why. Anyone with same experience?
- with the silicone tips I find the 600 with better clarity and a more energetic treble. The foam tips on the other hand have a fuller sound with more body and a softer vocals and treble.

May 20, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #603 of 2,263

Like rock,pop,metal,electronica,classical,you name it.Lately ive been listening a lot to rammstein,psy trance/trance.I like lots of micro details,but also deep bass,large soundstage and a littlebit on the warm side/v shaped.
I have the ie300 & the ie600 & enjoy both of them.
The ie600 i find is clearer & more lively with a fuller sound stage.

May 20, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #604 of 2,263
Using the IE900 the Spiral Dots++ are still the best choice for me. Really looking forward to see how you like them

Really looking forward to it. I really liked the 1st version until Spinfit flooded the market and JVC slowly stopped selling them overseas.

Try the azla sedna earfit standard they are great.

This is a tough one. Local shops only carry Crystals. Will try if there's a chance.

The prices (475$) are insane for something that has absolutely no sonic benefit and basically does everything the stock cable or reasonably priced competitors cables do.

I know I am opening a can of worms here, but even Sennheiser previously stated that cables (if done right) don’t do anything to the sound.

Yes, quite expensive. I got mine much cheaper than that. But the stock cable is very microphonic. Worth the change IMO.

Awating your findings, no pressure at all. LOL

It's going to be a wait for the Spiral Dot++, still waiting for it to be shipped.

May 20, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #605 of 2,263

Like rock,pop,metal,electronica,classical,you name it.Lately ive been listening a lot to rammstein,psy trance/trance.I like lots of micro details,but also deep bass,large soundstage and a littlebit on the wa
Almost 3x the price of ie300, i would stay w ie300. Cos i save the cash for wm1am2. Lol.

May 20, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #609 of 2,263
Anyone used Bay Bloor Radio in Canada? Wondering whether to order from there or directly from Sen.
Hey there buddy,

I’m not sure if BBR has it yet, but it’s finally available for purchase over at headfoneshop. I was at the shop when the stock arrived. They only have 5 left at the time.

https://www.headfoneshop.com/shop/p/sennheiser-ie600

You could just contact them. If you’re in the Toronto area, you should definitely visit as they have a demo. I didn’t have enough time to fully have a listen since I was hosting a meet at the time but it was a very fun listen! I definitely like it more than the IE900. The IE900 does however give off a tad more detail but other than that, I enjoyed the IE600. Hoping to write a review and take photos of them someday.

May 20, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #610 of 2,263
I'm using Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC.
I've used Azla standard one but not feel comfortable in long term, it has a little pressure in my ear.
Spinfit CP100 also good choice.
Which should I go for the spinfits or xelastecs?

May 20, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #612 of 2,263
I am looking at Azla tips right now. How can I find the perfect model and size for me? I might like one of three sizes and I am not sure about the model. One set costs 28€. Do I have to spend hundereds of euros just to find the right one? How did you guys find the model and size for you?
Through some cheap chi-fi tips... The ones that produce the best seal try to measure the width and you should have your size.

May 20, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #613 of 2,263
May 20, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #614 of 2,263
Found some on amazon, how do I know it's the 2020 version
it clear color, not solid color like black/white, it has clear/red and clear version
1653064386816.png

May 20, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #615 of 2,263
I might be on to something, had a pair of Spinfit CP240 around. Intimate, full, detailed. Deeply inserted, not for the faint of ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back