Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 12, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #526 of 2,212
As I have reviewed both with loaded samples (so I don't talk myself after spending money) I quite disagree with the above and in my opinion the technical advantages of the IE900 over the IE600 are clearly audible and distinguishable.
And by reviewed I mean that I had the chance to live with both for more than a month and not heard them for a couple of hours at the best.
Of course it would be naive for someone to expect double the better performance because he paid double the price.
We are in the high end realm, you pay a lot to get less than you expect but this quantity makes the difference.
Of my first priority in order to choose would be the sound signature.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #529 of 2,212
Sometimes the frecuency response is much more important than technical performance.
A weird tonality can make all technical advantage doesn't matter.

May 12, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #530 of 2,212
I can’t imagine anyone auditioning these and the IE900 and thinking it was worth paying twice as much for the latter based on SQ alone. That’s how good these are. I loved the IE900, I’ve missed them, I’ve not enjoyed music in the same way since selling them but thankfully the IE600 goes toe to toe.
It’s almost as close as comparing HD600 to the HD650, but in this case one is significantly more expensive.
Because i actually audition them next to each other and even had a chifi friend saying the same i need to disagree. Even the super price concious chifi friend said if you are already in the ballpark the IE900 are worth about 400€ more in pure sound. I actually was super suprised my friend said that because normally he tries to buy most of his stuff as cheap as possible and always looks at the price first.
I didnt even care. If the IE600 was equal or at least super close to the 900 i would have been fine selling the 900 and still getting most of my money back. But its not even relatively close considering we are already talking about Highend IEMs.
Dont get me wrong tho the IE600 are superb in terms of price to performance ratio. The 900 just is on a different level and product tier and it definitely shows in direct comparison. No chance i would leave my 900 behind after trying them next to each other 😅

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #531 of 2,212
Because i actually audition them next to each other and even had a chifi friend saying the same i need to disagree. Even the super price concious chifi friend said if you are already in the ballpark the IE900 are worth about 400€ more in pure sound. I actually was super suprised my friend said that because normally he tries to buy most of his stuff as cheap as possible and always looks at the price first.
I didnt even care. If the IE600 was equal or at least super close to the 900 i would have been fine selling the 900 and still getting most of my money back. But its not even relatively close considering we are already talking about Highend IEMs.
Dont get me wrong tho the IE600 are superb in terms of price to performance ratio. The 900 just is on a different level and product tier and it definitely shows in direct comparison. No chance i would leave my 900 behind after trying them next to each other 😅
Interesting you say this! I was able to pick up a second hand pair for fairly cheap. It was a toss up between finding a good deal for the IE 900 or a new IE 600. So far loving the IE 900. So much so that I'm looking at different sources to get the most out of them (currently on Hip Dan 2 and am auditioning the xDSD gryphon)!

May 12, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #534 of 2,212
Placed my preorder, really looking forward to these! They'll be my first foray into Sennheiser IEMs.

Cable-wise, I'm probably going to end up DIYing one once I get the parts ordered from Aliexpress. The stock cable looks nice, but I always like a bit of extra length since I'm tall and also use IEMs at my desk.

May 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #535 of 2,212
Placed my preorder, really looking forward to these! They'll be my first foray into Sennheiser IEMs.

Cable-wise, I'm probably going to end up DIYing one once I get the parts ordered from Aliexpress. The stock cable looks nice, but I always like a bit of extra length since I'm tall and also use IEMs at my desk.
Welcome to the #IE600Club !

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 13, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #536 of 2,212
Anyone successfully preordered in the UK using the official online store?

When I tried to preorder on the UK pricing page, it added the product with price in EUR and it then says the item is not available in my region.

May 13, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #538 of 2,212
Careful in changing tips - was tip rolling earlier and this happened to my default Medium tips when I pulled them out. They are really quite thin, which fails to make a good seal and quite uncomfortable after long sessions.

20220512_191431.jpg

Currently using Spinfits for now. Tried Final E, Symbio, Azla - can't get a good fit/seal. Any of you have other tip suggestions?
I haven't found any tips in package comfortable and well sealing. Best performing are foam L ones, but they are short (maybe influenced by some TWS product?) and for now I switched to Comply Audio Pro (the round ones). These are great for me at least sealing-wise. Also looking around to find silicone ones, best try so far was ones from Audiosense T800.

May 13, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #540 of 2,212
My IE 600 Made in Ireland and I've noticed on shell doesn't has laser print IE 600 like this. What's that mean? :D
1652476244423.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back